what should i do?

Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:21 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what should i do?

you will possibly need to turn to prostitution to make ends meet on that kind of salary.

Listen to the people. You have asked a question and are getting great advice back.

Your salary is shocking for UAE, regardless if its Dubai/AD.

good luck though, see you at the rattlesnake.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Reading between the lines, and the lines themselves, Shab (as a single woman) has to live at home for (presumably) religious reasons, and is hinting that she is (I'm guessing) late-thirties in age. As she is considering a Muslim country, we can assume she is a Muslim.

She is therefore being offered (as a couple of others have suggested) the sort of salary that a married woman whose husband is earning considerably more would normally expect to be paid.

Anyway - I'm rambling, but don't do it, unless your need to escape from under the roof of your parents is so urgent that you have no choice.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shab
to be honest living in london, although i have a nice life i also am restricted. I have to live at home till i marry, to live out of your house but in the same country is a total no no.I shant even tell u my age as you will be shocked at the fact that i still have to live at home. This is one of the main reasons for me going to live abroad is so that i can have the freedom to live by myself and do what i want to do when i want.
British Asian Muslim by any chance? I wouldn't bother on that package, and if you can't leave home til you marry do you really think your family will let you move here?
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:12 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Reading between the lines, and the lines themselves, Shab (as a single woman) has to live at home for (presumably) religious reasons, and is hinting that she is (I'm guessing) late-thirties in age. As she is considering a Muslim country, we can assume she is a Muslim.

She is therefore being offered (as a couple of others have suggested) the sort of salary that a married woman whose husband is earning considerably more would normally expect to be paid.

Anyway - I'm rambling, but don't do it, unless your need to escape from under the roof of your parents is so urgent that you have no choice.
agreed, posted before I saw this
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:16 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shab
to be honest living in london, although i have a nice life i also am restricted. I have to live at home till i marry, to live out of your house but in the same country is a total no no.I shant even tell u my age as you will be shocked at the fact that i still have to live at home. This is one of the main reasons for me going to live abroad is so that i can have the freedom to live by myself and do what i want to do when i want.
I completely understand why you crave the freedom, but on those salaries you will feel just as, if not more, restricted than you are now... with no family to fall back on. I moved out of my family home and to a different country when I was 19 and its one of those things that you don't realise you miss it until it's gone.

Anyhow, as an aside to that, do you have a clear grasp of how much it costs to live on your own? It's one of the things that always comes as a shock to students, who then take a while to get their head around small things like having to pay for the electricity before the booze!

Work out your own budget for the following and then reassess whether the proposed salaries will allow you to do that:
- agent's fees (5% of rent)
- deposit (5% of rent)
- rent (often 3-4 months payable upfront, sometimes 12 months upfront)
- DEWA/ utilities set-up costs
- shipping costs
- visa costs (the company should cover this. Confirm that they're not assuming you'll be on your husband's visa)
- buying furniture (1-off)
- white goods (1-off)
- kitchenware (1-off)
- electricity (monthly)
- water (monthly)
- landline/ broadband/ telly (monthly)
- mobile (PAYG or monthly)
- housing fee (monthly)
- reserve for maintenance/ repairs/ replacements
- food
- consumables (loo paper, washing powder, etc...)
- clothes & shoes
- flights back
- medical fees/ chemist costs
- transport
... and lastly:
- fun things
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

You've probably hit the nail on the head square on..