Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What the HELL is going on????

What the HELL is going on????

Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: What the HELL is going on????

Originally Posted by novita77
i am off to bed now ... nite nite kiddies Yes I hijacking SS line
Dont worry....
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:54 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
OK, now this is really starting to freak me out....

Someone please remind me again, which hemisphere is Dubai in???? How can we possibly be experiencing summer temps in the middle of Feb???

Its ridiculous. We hit 95F today (35C), which is just shy of our all time record of 96F (36C)!!! This is insane!

Just look at our climate stats for Feb, so far this year and compare them to Feb of last year......

Winter, where have you gone? :scared:
They do say that closer to hell you get, the hotter it becomes!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:23 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Face, forgive us for hijacking your thread
how can I, when there are 3 pages of unrelated, but somewhat amusing content?
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:23 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
They do say that closer to hell you get, the hotter it becomes!
hmmmmmm........ what r u trying to say?
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:39 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

how can I, when there are 3 pages of unrelated, but somewhat amusing content?
morning Face !
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:42 am
The Oracle

morning Face !
morning Nov..... another VERY warm day in Dubai. Its 30C outside right now, at 10:40 in the morning in the middle of Feb!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:46 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

morning Nov..... another VERY warm day in Dubai. Its 30C outside right now, at 10:40 in the morning in the middle of Feb!
looks like only u and me now Face Yes it is warm outside ... but apparently Amman snowing yesterday
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:31 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the pollution, the thick haze hanging over Sharjah and the Airport this morning is quite gross!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:19 am
The Oracle

Well it looks like Gulf News has been spying on us...

Oh and apparently, as of tomorrow, things are set to get back to normal, I hope!!!

Hot desert winds send temperatures rising

By Daniel Bardsley, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Hot desert winds in recent days have sent temperatures soaring close to record levels for February.

Forecasters have however said the sweltering early year weather is due to normal fluctuations and is unlikely to be the result of global warming.

And they have given warning that the hot weather is set to end as soon as tomorrow when the wind direction is likely to change.

On Thursday in Dubai the mercury climbed to 35.2C less than one degree shy of February's all-time record in the city of 36.0C.

The hot weather this week compares to the average maximum temperature for February of just 25.2C.

Hamad Nasser, a duty forecaster at Dubai International Airport, said the warm weather was caused by easterly and south-easterly winds that brought in desert air.

He added: "We are expecting the Shamal wind to blow from Sunday. This is a cooler north-westerly from the sea. It will be comfortable."

Nasser said the effect of genuine seasonal heating was not likely to be felt before March.

He also said it was unlikely that the hot weather of recent days has been caused by global warming.

"I think it's normal fluctuations. I don't think it's global warming," he said.

Yesterday was also hot for the time of year, with temperatures climbing to a maximum of 32.7C. The minimum yesterday was 21.5C.

Forecast

Today temperatures are forecast to rise to 31C, with the minimum temperature predicted to be 20C.

There have been many examples of hotter-than-average weather in recent months, with Dubai experiencing its hottest ever October Day last year when the mercury climbed to a sizzling 42.4C.

In September 2005 a temperature of 44.9C was recorded the highest September figure for more than 30 years. And a month earlier 2005 Dubai experienced its hottest day for six years with a sweltering 47.3C.
Winter is on its way back. Woohoo!!!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:35 am
W10

Ask and ye shall receive...

Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:55 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Ask and ye shall receive...
errrrrrrmmmm.....

See what you have done now, I have run out of things to ask for.

ok, wait, I have a wish, I want to see some rain in this city.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:03 am
W10

ok, wait, I have a wish, I want to see some rain in this city.
Sure - just wait till December or January

Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:10 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Sure - just wait till December or January
But Feb and March are supposed to be our wettest months.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

But Feb and March are supposed to be our wettest months.
i think this has got to be the only country in the world where when it rains everyone runs outside instead of inside!

bring on the rain!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:51 am
W10

You do the same thing during Hong Kong summers.

Temp not as hot (35c) but humidity hits the 90s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.