Reload this Page >

What Happens with Loan Skipps

What Happens with Loan Skipps

Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Handsome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Happens with Loan Skipps

Mrs. Haps

I agree with you and quite frankly, that was bound to happen. Inflation so high including high rents push people to take these steps. What I am trying to see if you are able to live without setting a foot in the UAE again after leaving with debts. Will the banks go after you?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Handsome
Mrs. Haps

I agree with you and quite frankly, that was bound to happen. Inflation so high including high rents push people to take these steps. What I am trying to see if you are able to live without setting a foot in the UAE again after leaving with debts. Will the banks go after you?
no you cant return to the middle East, not unless you clear the debt... but to be honest i dont think i would ever have the balls to try and get in even when the debt is cleared and yes i expect the bank to come after me and i have no issue with paying what i owe over time. I feel alot better being in my home country and managing to get by than being over there and not being able to leave.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

I agree. I read that one Indonesian did that and after five years, his plane had a technical problems and it landed in Dubai. he refused to leave the plane because he knew that he would be arrested. He had to leave and he was arrested. If you dont mind, did you leave with the high debt?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Jaybo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen few threads but no one seems to know how far the banks will go and how much money they will have to spent to collect. Are you in the UAE?
The Banks will stop at nothing to find you, they will hunt you down and when they get you they will shag you with the ragged end of a pineapple.

Seriously!!!!!!!

Chill out guys….Remember….You cant take knickers off a bare arse….Just tell them to sing for their money, get a flight home and stick 2 fingers up at them.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Are you in the UAE?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:02 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
no you cant return to the middle East, not unless you clear the debt... but to be honest i dont think i would ever have the balls to try and get in even when the debt is cleared and yes i expect the bank to come after me and i have no issue with paying what i owe over time. I feel alot better being in my home country and managing to get by than being over there and not being able to leave.
You dont seem the type of person who could just "forget about it" and I know its not easy but do just that, you are safe in your home country, even if they did come after you (which I am sure the banks have alot more to worry about than a few durhams owed on a car or credit card) no court in the Uk is going to make you come across to the UAE to settle debts.
take care and good luck
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rowell
You dont seem the type of person who could just "forget about it" and I know its not easy but do just that, you are safe in your home country, even if they did come after you (which I am sure the banks have alot more to worry about than a few durhams owed on a car or credit card) no court in the Uk is going to make you come across to the UAE to settle debts.
take care and good luck
There was an interesting article in the National yesterday about a subsidiary company of Al Qudra Holdings who are debt collectors - discussing those who leave and have racked up a large debts, sponsors who are liable, methods of collection etc.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20.../51588203/1018
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:17 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tillybean
There was an interesting article in the National yesterday about a subsidiary company of Al Qudra Holdings who are debt collectors - discussing those who leave and have racked up a large debts, sponsors who are liable, methods of collection etc.

The average debt he chases is about Dh70,000 (US$19,055) to Dh100,000 and it can take between three months and a year before a debtor is tracked down, depending on the country they have fled to.

In this time the person fleeing would have hopefully saved the debt, the problem arises because in the UAE there does not appear to be any negotiation on the date with regards to future monthly payments, read Mrs Happs earlier posts on this topic, she and her husband tried their very best to get things sorted to no avail and then were left with no choice.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:18 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

'Unless measures to prevent people fleeing were implemented and harsher punishments enforced, the country will begin to suffer, Mr al Sukhi said, adding that the UAE needs more education on financial matters.'

Clever - so you stay, get locked up and therefore cannot repay any debts.

Prevent people from fleeing Aren't most peoples visas cancelled after 30 days so they have to leave?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

With the uncertain global economy where banks are going under or taken by someone else, it is hard to know when will they come after you. There are no laws specially for expats in the Middle East. People are right to leave when they know that jail time is the only option for them. At least in the UK, that is not the case.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:05 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
'Unless measures to prevent people fleeing were implemented and harsher punishments enforced, the country will begin to suffer, Mr al Sukhi said, adding that the UAE needs more education on financial matters.'

Clever - so you stay, get locked up and therefore cannot repay any debts.

Prevent people from fleeing Aren't most peoples visas cancelled after 30 days so they have to leave?
agreed, after reading that article, do you think that these 'measures' might be some degree of protection, bridging visas to allow the possibility of repayment, or even coordination of repatriation and repayment?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tillybean

They can take me to court for the money and i will get the best possible solicitor i can find to explain to them they need to give Expats some fricken options - we were left with NO other option than to go, the company were gits and wouldnt give us any help at all and were quite happy to make us homeless by the end of the month then the banks would offer us no assistance what so ever with the cars. I paid approx 14,000DHS off each car within 4 months, they said this was interest only - yes okay but can we reach an agreement so it can be changed to part interest part loan to help us afford to sell the cars - NO. Is there anything else you can do to assist us NO, pay all or nothing. What do you do. Both my cars were i perfect condition and very low mileage, they could have sold them for alot more than half price and i refuse to pay back anything unreasonable.

To top ours off we have the tax man to deal with now so that is more important as we could loose our house if we dont pay. The UAE will have to wait debt collector or not.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

If some of you are still in the UAE, please continue to post new information so others know what is going on. I agree that there are no options. What I am trying to find out that can the banks really come after you if so many are leaving?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

If some of you are still in the UAE, please continue to post new information so others know what is going on. I agree that there are no options. What I am trying to find out that can the banks really come after you if so many are leaving?
I do believe they will come after you if they can! They can with us as we gave them a UK address when we took out the car loans - I dont have a problem with this - what my issue is paying 15,000DHS off a car in 4 months, asking the bank to party share the payment between the loan and interest or even better the loan alone so they get their money - they offer no assistance then they come and chase me becasue i could not afford to sell the car!

Its a bloody mess over there but i will keep you posted on what happens.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rowell
take care and good luck

Im am safe here, Im so happy to be at home with my family for support and no i cant forget about it because i know one day it is going to come back and bite me on the arse but i will be prepared for it and i will get a solicitor to deal with the debt collectors - at least then i believe i will get a fair judgement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.