Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What Happens with Loan Skipps

What Happens with Loan Skipps

Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Handsome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Happens with Loan Skipps

I have been reading a lot about the debt load expats in the UAE have. Many are running away. What is going on?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Happens with Loan Skipps

Originally Posted by Handsome
I have been reading a lot about the debt load expats in the UAE have. Many are running away. What is going on?
they put the terminator onto them, pay up or die..
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

No seriously because theere were like 3000 cars left at the Airport. Banks will have thier hands full to go after these people.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:30 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

No seriously because theere were like 3000 cars left at the Airport. Banks will have thier hands full to go after these people.
there have been loads of threads recently about all this...try and do a search...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

I have seen few threads but no one seems to know how far the banks will go and how much money they will have to spent to collect. Are you in the UAE?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:52 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen few threads but no one seems to know how far the banks will go and how much money they will have to spent to collect. Are you in the UAE?
well...there you go then...apparently no one knows exactly what happens
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

what is the general view in Dubai? AD? How deep are the job loses..
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

what is the general view in Dubai? AD? How deep are the job loses..

Try reading one of the local papers on-line? Which industry are you in?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

I am with the Health Care. It seems that the Banks had very relaxed rules and racked up record debts on the back of consumer lending. I know that once you ran away, you can never go back even in the transit to the UAE as you will be arrested.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I am with the Health Care. It seems that the Banks had very relaxed rules and racked up record debts on the back of consumer lending. I know that once you ran away, you can never go back even in the transit to the UAE as you will be arrested.
Blimey! Anecdotal evidence or do you work with people that this has happened to?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:28 pm