Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:31 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

HOT ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
Some things are cheaper in other countries. No matter where you are.
I am wondering why you posted that lsit. Are you trying to help people by giving them information?

Some of the things I am interested in finding the price of:

- a night's worth of speed + ecstasy
- membership in a mixed tennis club
- the price of good European beers in an average singles' bar
- a cinema ticket. Actually, two tickets, I want to take my girlfreind with me.
- How much would driving lessons cost for my wife?
- How much would a decent coffee cost in a seaside cafe, where you can watch the girls in their summer clothes?
I did not say you can find every thing in KSA.

If you believe some thing is good that does not mean every body in the world has the same opinion. for example you think that it is good thing to see girls with their summer clothes but Saudi people think it is bad thing.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seven seas
So no woman in Saudi Arabia has been klilled for 'honour' ?

Are you a liar or just ignorant?
Crimes happen every where and I did not say there is not crimes in KSA
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiva
let me guess
you can afford it because

A) daddy bought it
B) you have a job you're hopelessly under qualified yet massively overpaid for
C) you get very cheap loans being a national and will be paying off long after its been scraped.

which is it?
It does not matter how did it come. The most important it has come.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:39 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOT ICE
I did not say you can find every thing in KSA.

If you believe some thing is good that does not mean every body in the world has the same opinion. for example you think that it is good thing to see girls with their summer clothes but Saudi people to look at men
you had a typo
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:40 pm
**** it we'll do it live

It does not matter how did it come. The most important it has come.
A) it was then
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

tieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to all

Originally Posted by norsk
I think you should give your 'long list' a rest. Nobody gives a shit!
Actually, I think it's quite interesting.

Getting back on topic, I would be interested to know the cost of other things. Most things mentioned so far are included in my ex-pat package. Except for fish and chips (I can get really tasty fish and chips here for £2.70) and wine (can it really be delivered? I thought it was banned).

Anyway, how about the price of:
- basic foods (meat, fruit, vegetables, eggs, bread, rice...)
- clothes
- books
?

Actually, I can't think of anything else I will need.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:50 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tieresias
Actually, I think it's quite interesting.

Getting back on topic, I would be interested to know the cost of other things. Most things mentioned so far are included in my ex-pat package. Except for fish and chips (I can get really tasty fish and chips here for £2.70) and wine (can it really be delivered? I thought it was banned).

Anyway, how about the price of:
- basic foods (meat, fruit, vegetables, eggs, bread, rice...)
- clothes
- books
?

Actually, I can't think of anything else I will need.
Basic foods are cheap if you stick with regional stuff. however if you have to buy american, british and australian imported goods then you will pay extra. most things produced in the country or region are good enough to live on. fruit and vegetables are expensive as they are almost all imported from far away (the exceptions seem to be potatoes and onions which are grown in Saudi). Meat is cheap for local, expensive for imported. Do not buy local steak as it is likely from milking cows!

Clothes are 20-40% more than in the UK for comparable items (ie trousers and shirts from Debenhams etc). I tend to buy in bulk whenever I go back to the UK.

Books are generally quite expensive, but Amazon deliver to Saudi so it's not really a problem.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

tieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to all

If you are British or American you do not need to buy booze because it will be delivered to you.
Is that true? If so, it makes me feel a lot happier about moving to KSA! Is it reaonably priced? That would be even better!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Basic foods are cheap if you stick with regional stuff. however if you have to buy american, british and australian imported goods then you will pay extra. most things produced in the country or region are good enough to live on. fruit and vegetables are expensive as they are almost all imported from far away (the exceptions seem to be potatoes and onions which are grown in Saudi). Meat is cheap for local, expensive for imported. Do not buy local steak as it is likely from milking cows!

Clothes are 20-40% more than in the UK for comparable items (ie trousers and shirts from Debenhams etc). I tend to buy in bulk whenever I go back to the UK.

Books are generally quite expensive, but Amazon deliver to Saudi so it's not really a problem.
Thanks. I can live without imported stuff. All I would like is HP sauce (that goes well with bacon) and Branston Pickle (that goes well with ham)...

Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with steak from milking cows? Are they too old and tough or what?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:12 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I can live without imported stuff. All I would like is HP sauce (that goes well with bacon) and Branston Pickle (that goes well with ham)...

Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with steak from milking cows? Are they too old and tough or what?
Not very nice and quite tough. In UK milking cows are usually only used for mince apparently.

There's plenty of bacon here by the way, only it's beef bacon....
Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Not very nice and quite tough. In UK milking cows are usually only used for mince apparently.

There's plenty of bacon here by the way, only it's beef bacon....
Oh, I'd better bring some HP Sauce then! Unless vinegar is banned as an alcohol by-product? I had some turkey-bacon in UAE some months ago, that was okay. Is beef-bacon?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:44 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Oh, I'd better bring some HP Sauce then! Unless vinegar is banned as an alcohol by-product? I had some turkey-bacon in UAE some months ago, that was okay. Is beef-bacon?
I'm sure they sell HP Sauce. I've certainly bought some, but can't remember if I bought it in Saudi or Bahrain. However I have been offered HP in a few restaurants..

I reckon beef bacon is better actually. Maybe it's just me, but every time I've had turkey bacon I feel like it is repeating on me for ages afterwards...
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Okay. So we've established one thing they taught you in school (other than the Quran), but unfortunately for you it isn't quite right. Black people come from all over the place, not just from South Africa. We even have black people in Norway (all the way up by the north pole)...
Because Africa is closed to KSA I think they are from there.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we have. You!
I did not talk to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.