British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/what-cheaper-uk-ksa-enter-know-685079/)

HOT ICE Sep 12th 2010 6:16 pm

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

I have read some thread about saudi arabia, some people were saying that living in Saudi Arabia is expensive. because of that I would like to give you some examples to know how far living in Saudi Arabia is Cheap.

1- In KSA it costs to buy petrol for your car about 5 pounds, but in the UK for the same car you will have to pay 50 pounds.

2- In KSA you can rent a big flat with three bedrooms + two living rooms + three bathrooms by just 350 pounds monthly, but in the Uk you have to pay at least 700 pounds monthly to have a flat with one bedroom and one bathroom.

3- In KSA you can have luxury dinner for two people by 15 pounds, but in the Uk to have fish and chips with drink for two people you could pay more than 15 pounds.

4- In KSA you will not have to pay more than 2 pounds to get a taxi for 5 miles, but in the UK you may have to pay 10 pounds.

I have a long list, I will come back later.

Millhouse Sep 12th 2010 7:01 pm

Re: What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

Originally Posted by HOT ICE (Post 8843108)

I have read some thread about saudi arabia, some people were saying that living in Saudi Arabia is expensive. because of that I would like to give you some examples to know how far living in Saudi Arabia is Cheap.

1- In KSA it costs to buy petrol for your car about 5 pounds, but in the UK for the same car you will have to pay 50 pounds.

2- In KSA you can rent a big flat with three bedrooms + two living rooms + three bathrooms by just 350 pounds monthly, but in the Uk you have to pay at least 700 pounds monthly to have a flat with one bedroom and one bathroom.

3- In KSA you can have luxury dinner for two people by 15 pounds, but in the Uk to have fish and chips with drink for two people you could pay more than 15 pounds.

4- In KSA you will not have to pay more than 2 pounds to get a taxi for 5 miles, but in the UK you may have to pay 10 pounds.

Thank you.

shiva Sep 12th 2010 7:11 pm

personal and religious freedom
democracy
a functional justice system
female emancipation

priceless

twisty100 Sep 12th 2010 8:05 pm

TWAT!

norsk Sep 12th 2010 9:25 pm

In the UK I can get a bottle of booze for about £15 (Tesco own brand or worse is cheaper of course), in Saudi I would have to pay around £150 for a bottle of something that may blind me. Yes I know you can get it cheaper with proper contacts, but my daily stay in Saudi ends as soon as possible after work is finished.

People don't think Saudi in general is expensive, but if you want to have a lifestyle at least resembling what you would have in the UK you will be paying a lot more than your quoted £350 a month for rent.

I think you should give your 'long list' a rest. Nobody gives a shit!

HOT ICE Sep 12th 2010 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8843178)
Thank you.

Thank you

HOT ICE Sep 12th 2010 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8843191)
personal and religious freedom
democracy
a functional justice system
female emancipation

priceless

I think every country has special rules, and we should understand that different people means different culture. However in KSA there are thousands of non-muslims people from the Philippines, India, Thailand, South Koria,...etc and they live peacefully. Some of them have been living there for more than ten years and do not want to go back to there country.
democracy:
The majority of saudi people have a job and a new car and a new house, so they are happy with their government.
female emancipation:
There are some differences between Islamic culture and Western culture. for example women in Western countries can make relationship with boyfriends but in Islamic culture men and women can not make relationships without marriage.

HOT ICE Sep 12th 2010 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by twisty100 (Post 8843275)
TWAT!

thanks

HOT ICE Sep 12th 2010 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8843375)
In the UK I can get a bottle of booze for about £15 (Tesco own brand or worse is cheaper of course), in Saudi I would have to pay around £150 for a bottle of something that may blind me. Yes I know you can get it cheaper with proper contacts, but my daily stay in Saudi ends as soon as possible after work is finished.

People don't think Saudi in general is expensive, but if you want to have a lifestyle at least resembling what you would have in the UK you will be paying a lot more than your quoted £350 a month for rent.

I think you should give your 'long list' a rest. Nobody gives a shit!

If you are British or American you do not need to buy booze because it will be delivered to you. I know some British teachers work there and they told me that any kind of wine they like will be delivered for them when they want.

if you are not happy with my list you do not have to read it.

HOT ICE Sep 13th 2010 12:12 am

5- To make MOT to your car in the UK you may have to pay 200 pounds if your car is quite new, for the same car in KSA you will not pay more than 25 pounds.
6- In the UK sometimes you pay 800 pounds for your car insurance, but in KSA it definitely will not be more 60 pounds per year it dose not matter how size the engine and how many seats in the car.
7- changing cars oil in the UK costs at least 50 pounds, but in KSA just 8 pounds.
9- Having driving license with training in KSA costs 100 pounds, in the UK maybe 1000 pounds.
10- Washing your car in the UK costs at least 7 pounds, in KSA just 1.80 pounds.

I have to sleep now, I will continue tomorrow

Sally Redux Sep 13th 2010 12:15 am

Originally Posted by HOT ICE (Post 8843616)

What a cliffhanger!

Millhouse Sep 13th 2010 4:37 am

Originally Posted by HOT ICE (Post 8843572)
If you are British or American you do not need to buy booze because it will be delivered to you.

for free?

kittycat1 Sep 13th 2010 6:44 am

Hello Hotice,

where do you get your informtion from?

Out side of London a one bedroom flat isnt that expensive in my home town which is only an hour from london you can find them for as little as 300 a month.

Also you must eat the most expensie fish and chips in the world, my old chippy in clapham was about 4 quid per person for a massive portion and was award winning (yum yum).

Just wondering why most of your points are car related? do you have any points that aren't about cars or car insurance or petrol?

Kittycat
x

norsk Sep 13th 2010 8:08 am

Originally Posted by HOT ICE (Post 8843616)
5- To make MOT to your car in the UK you may have to pay 200 pounds if your car is quite new, for the same car in KSA you will not pay more than 25 pounds.
6- In the UK sometimes you pay 800 pounds for your car insurance, but in KSA it definitely will not be more 60 pounds per year it dose not matter how size the engine and how many seats in the car.
7- changing cars oil in the UK costs at least 50 pounds, but in KSA just 8 pounds.
9- Having driving license with training in KSA costs 100 pounds, in the UK maybe 1000 pounds.
10- Washing your car in the UK costs at least 7 pounds, in KSA just 1.80 pounds.

5 - My last MOT before moving from the UK cost £25, and my car was quite new.

6 - My insurance in the UK was £350. My insurance in KSA is £450.

7 - Driver training in KSA is shit hence it only costs £100. The proof is in how people drive in KSA when compared to how they drive in the UK.

10 - For £1.80 you can get some dude in a car park rub your car with a dirty cloth. No thanks. If you go to a proper car wash place it will cost you about £8-10 in KSA as well.

norsk Sep 13th 2010 8:13 am

Originally Posted by HOT ICE (Post 8843572)
If you are British or American you do not need to buy booze because it will be delivered to you. I know some British teachers work there and they told me that any kind of wine they like will be delivered for them when they want.

if you are not happy with my list you do not have to read it.

I can't help it. Reading your list is kind of like picking a scab that the doctor has told you not to pick unless you want a scar....