Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

teacher, doctor or nurse? what if the women want to be something else? like a business woman or a politian or a judge? Women can be as valuable as men in any workplace, who are men to decide that just because of their sex women are not capable?

An are you sure every woman in Saudi gets to choose her husband- there is no pressure at all from the family on who would be a good match?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

HOT ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
teacher, doctor or nurse? what if the women want to be something else? like a business woman or a politian or a judge? Women can be as valuable as men in any workplace, who are men to decide that just because of their sex women are not capable?

An are you sure every woman in Saudi gets to choose her husband- there is no pressure at all from the family on who would be a good match?
Saudi women can be business women and there are a lot of them. Saudi women can be a manager for university, bank, company and can be an assistant of minister.

Yes I am sure.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

it must be great being a male saudi, so certain that all is right with the world and your country.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiva
it must be great being a male saudi, so certain that all is right with the world and your country.
And being a saudi woman is not bad as some people think.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:24 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOT ICE
Poor saudi man means ha has a car and a rented flat and he gets benefit from the government monthly.
poor saudi man means he can smoke high quality cigarets but the problem is he can not buy a new car because of that every one in Saudi Arabia sees to him as poor.

but I challenge you to find a homeless man from saudi arabia.
I am sorry but I don't think you really have a clue about poverty in Saudi Arabia. Maybe someone living with his extended family in a two-room shack built from waste wood is not homeless, but I would hardly say his biggest problem is not being able to afford high quality cigs.

And yes, I have met Saudis in that position.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Women can be as valuable as men in any workplace...
In the thoughts of Ethos... let's not get carried away with ourselves here.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by typical
I am sorry but I don't think you really have a clue about poverty in Saudi Arabia. Maybe someone living with his extended family in a two-room shack built from waste wood is not homeless, but I would hardly say his biggest problem is not being able to afford high quality cigs.

And yes, I have met Saudis in that position.
Saudi government sends millions of pounds every year to help poor people in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Yamen, Sudan, Somalia,...etc. if there was poverty in Saudi Arabia the government would help their people at first.
In the last month when Pakistan was flooded Saudi people donated Pakistan more than 600,000,000 SR, and just the king of Saudi Arabia donated 320,000,000 SR to help people in Pakistan. The total of money, which was paid to Pakistan by Saudi Arabia, was about 1,000,000,000 SR

so tell me where is the poverty

Last edited by HOT ICE; Sep 13th 2010 at 11:50 am.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

KSA ranks 87th out of a total of 177 countries listed on the Failed States Index. In other words, it is more f***ed up than the UK, USA, Canada and the EU, but less f***ed up than Zimbo, Sudan and Iraq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_States_Index
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:21 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

It is there, my friend. You could start the journey of discovery here:

http://www.nawafnet.net/file-358.htm

It will not take you long to find out about Saudi families existing below the poverty line of 1200 SAR a month.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Saudi government sends millions of pounds every year to help poor people in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Yamen, Sudan, Somalia,...etc. if there was poverty in Saudi Arabia the government would help their people at first.
In the last month when Pakistan was flooded Saudi people donated Pakistan more than 600,000,000 SR, and just the king of Saudi Arabia donated 320,000,000 SR to help people in Pakistan. The total of money, which was paid to Pakistan by Saudi Arabia, was about 1,000,000,000 SR

I'll take you on a walk a-la-Ralph McTell around the districts in and near Al Balad in Jeddah if you like. Yes, there are many Umrah overstayers, in particular from Africa - but Saudi families live there as well. Also the rural poor in the desert towns and the mountains.

KSA may earn a lot from oil, but its population is much larger than the Gulf states, so there is not as much to go around, even if it were to be fairly distributed.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:37 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

5- Please tell me where did you get that because my MOT is running out in a month.
6-In KSA there is NO any insurance company takes more than 375 SR which is around 60 pounds. I challenge you to tell us the name and the telephone number of the company you bought the insurance from and every one can contact them and ask about the prices unless your car is truck
7- I agree with you people in the UK drive better than in KSA.
10- The most expensive place to wash your car, which is electronic, in KSA costs 25 SR which is around 4 quid but you do not have to do that.
Plenty of places charge about that much for an MOT. I used Mr Clutch last time I think..

Third party insurance perhaps? Fully comprehensive costs between 2-3% of the value of the car from every big company in Saudi. My insurance is part of a corporate policy through Gulf Union. I have a 4x4 yes, maybe you have a Toyota Yaris..That would partly help explain the cheap insurance.

There are thousands of hand car washes in Saudi. Why would you go to a machine wash place? A hand wash costs around SR15 for a Yaris I think, but more for a proper car.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:41 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Those beggars you see every day are not saudi people they are from yamen and South Africa and other countries and they stay illegally.
South Africa?

I don't think so dude...
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:48 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

http://xrdarabia.org/2009/01/12/fighting-saudi-poverty/

You are an idiot.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 4:13 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

In Saudi Arabia there is NO any family garrotes its daughters. maybe you are talking about other country.
Quite right, they beat them then shoot them (for using Facebook!!!):

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...eaten-murdered

Women is Saudi Arabia can work as a teacher, doctor, nurse...etc. and she can chose her husband as well so what is wrong !
That's amazing. I never realised it was so modern. Can she drive a car as well? Is she free to choose her religion or no religion? Can she take off her veil if it's hot? How about if she is smart and wants to work as an engineer on a rig or fly an aircraft for a living?

Companies in Saudi Arabia offer big salaries especially for western people because it is difficult to get used to the weather and some other reasons. you should be happy with that shouldn't you.
Wow that's nice of them. Of course Saudi Arabia would be a poor backwater if it wasn't for the fact that the West and Far East pay them for oil...

N.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
KSA ranks 87th out of a total of 177 countries listed on the Failed States Index. In other words, it is more f***ed up than the UK, USA, Canada and the EU, but less f***ed up than Zimbo, Sudan and Iraq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_States_Index
Try not to believe every thing said by United State

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.