Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BE website - anyone else think its slow today?

BE website - anyone else think its slow today?

Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:59 am
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Question BE website - anyone else think its slow today?

Hi,

I seem to be having some problems today. The BE website seems to be really slow and taking ages to move from one page to another. I keep having to refresh the page to get anywhere.

Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just my computer??

Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:00 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE website - anyone else think its slow today?

Originally Posted by karenb2
Hi,

I seem to be having some problems today. The BE website seems to be really slow and taking ages to move from one page to another. I keep having to refresh the page to get anywhere.

Thanks
Mine is fine Karen.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:02 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Karen mine is slower than usual too. But the ppl on it r pretty slow as well eh..hehe .........its sooooo boring today!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:03 am
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by novita77
Mine is fine Karen.
OK thanks Novita.

Driving me nuts. I have already closed the computer down and rebooted it but makes no difference. Taking ages to go from one place to another.

Maybe I should go and make a cup of coffee and see what its like after that.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:06 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks Novita.

Driving me nuts. I have already closed the computer down and rebooted it but makes no difference. Taking ages to go from one place to another.

Maybe I should go and make a cup of coffee and see what its like after that.
I think u worn ur PC out ... give it a break and have some coffee...
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:28 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Thanks
u r right........ even on this broadband connection it seems to be having trouble getting from one page to another.... weird.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:35 pm
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by Face81
u r right........ even on this broadband connection it seems to be having trouble getting from one page to another.... weird.
Hi Face,

Thank goodness its not my computer that's playing up. We only bought it at Xmas and have an speednet line connected. I see that JB is complaining on another thread about the same problem.

Maybe its just a glitch and will sort itself out. Hope so because its so frustrating when you are waiting for the page upload.

By the way, fab photos. you do seem much younger than I expected........ but very handsome!! You are obviously more mature in years than you look. Maybe that's because you are the Oracle
Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:48 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Face,

Thank goodness its not my computer that's playing up. We only bought it at Xmas and have an speednet line connected. I see that JB is complaining on another thread about the same problem.

Maybe its just a glitch and will sort itself out. Hope so because its so frustrating when you are waiting for the page upload.

By the way, fab photos. you do seem much younger than I expected........ but very handsome!! You are obviously more mature in years than you look. Maybe that's because you are the Oracle
yep.... tis slow now again aswell. It happens occasionally, but it always sorts itself out.

As for my pics....... all I can say is that I am flattered. heh heh. Other Oracles have such harsh stereotypes associated with them, dont they? I am the true Oracle!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 4:03 pm
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by Face81
yep.... tis slow now again aswell. It happens occasionally, but it always sorts itself out.

As for my pics....... all I can say is that I am flattered. heh heh. Other Oracles have such harsh stereotypes associated with them, dont they? I am the true Oracle!

You certainly are!!!! Hope you not studying too hard.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 4:06 pm
The Oracle

You certainly are!!!! Hope you not studying too hard.
way too much research to do. Gets a little boring after a while. Lots of essays and presentations to be done. I guess this is what all Postgrad students do.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 4:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

slowness is down to the servers being over loaded, also, what helps, is if you unsubscribe to old threads, via your profile, that'll help reduce the load and speed things up...