Reload this Page >

Visa to work in Abu Dhabi

Visa to work in Abu Dhabi

Old May 7th 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

gbrown1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa to work in Abu Dhabi

Hi all

I am hoping to relocate to Abu Dhabi in the near future and start work.

However, I am not sure what qualifications are needed to obtain a working visa. I work in Construction and all I have is a Black CSCS card (Contracts/Project Manager Level) coupled with over 30 years experience at Manager Level. Is a CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card enough to get a Visa?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Grant
Old May 7th 2008, 11:18 am
Just Joined

danjar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Visa to work in Abu Dhabi

Hi Grant,

I'm looking into this as well. From what I have read on a few websites, having a degree (or similar) is obviously the best way in.
(From what I have read) if you were to get a job before you head over, the company employing you will act as your sponsor and will then have to demonstrate why they need you, they would then submit documentary evidence to back up their case. I would have thought you'd get a visa with 30 years PM experience, after all, there must be hundreds of thousands of workers in UAE without formal qualifications.
I also have a black CSCS card and if we're being honest those in the uk construction industry know they're not really worth a great deal, I (maybe like you?) sat a 30 minute multiple choice test to get mine, although I think NVQs are needed nowadays?!
When are you looking to head over? We're only looking into things at the moment but hope to get out there in the new year.

Dan
Old May 7th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa to work in Abu Dhabi

if you are going to come over prior to securing a position, enter on a visit visa, prostitute yourself to companies.

If you can agree something then they will sponsor you. Degree means nothing in PM roles in construction/oil and gas etc

Its all about experience and that sir, you appear to have in abundance.

good luck...