Visa problem?

Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Mrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud ofMrs Bukit has much to be proud of
Default Visa problem?

Hi all,
Daughter just moved to Bahrain, auntie wants to visit from UK but has Israeli stamp in passport from holiday trip. Getting mixed advise about gaining entry in Bahrain, some say no prob, some say get online visa and should be no prob, some say don't go because they were refused entry. Official line from embassy is of course 'no problem' but we all know how it probably depends on what sort of day the immigration officer at the other end is having.
Anyone with experience with this issue?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa problem?

Get a duplicate passport. Advioce to others - EITHER do not visit "The Zionist Entrty" or ensure that you get no stamps from that institution in your passport if you intend to visit an Arab or Islamic country.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:16 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about Bahrain but as far as the UAE is concerned it is not a problem if someone coming on holiday has an Israeli stamp in their passport. It's an urban myth that it's a problem here and I doubt that it's a problem elsewhere either.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I don't know about Bahrain but as far as the UAE is concerned it is not a problem if someone coming on holiday has an Israeli stamp in their passport. It's an urban myth that it's a problem here and I doubt that it's a problem elsewhere either.
i didnt think they like them in their passports which is why they cut out all the labels from that said country in marks and sparks here etc.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
i didnt think they like them in their passports which is why they cut out all the labels from that said country in marks and sparks here etc.
Ha ha - I remember cutting the labels out when we first ventured to the ME in the early 90's - now the M&S in the Gulf Countries has much better stuff than my local M&S. Personally I would get a new passport rather than risk trying to enter with an Israeli stamp - the problem here is that this type of thing may be a problem on the day and then again it may not - you never know from one day to the next.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie View Post
Ha ha - I remember cutting the labels out when we first ventured to the ME in the early 90's - now the M&S in the Gulf Countries has much better stuff than my local M&S. Personally I would get a new passport rather than risk trying to enter with an Israeli stamp - the problem here is that this type of thing may be a problem on the day and then again it may not - you never know from one day to the next.
also there was a big hoohaa about the 'said' country being on a map..... quite a few years ago now tho.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

also there was a big hoohaa about the 'said' country being on a map..... quite a few years ago now tho.
'Said' country never appeared on a map in the GCC states. 'Said' country was either Magic Markered out, or, if printed locally refered to Palestine.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx View Post
'Said' country never appeared on a map in the GCC states. 'Said' country was either Magic Markered out, or, if printed locally refered to Palestine.
yeh it was never there, until one day on a map which i cant remember for the life of me where it was suddenly appeared..... not for long of course.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

yeh it was never there, until one day on a map which i cant remember for the life of me where it was suddenly appeared..... not for long of course.
No doubt someone got a severe bollocking for that slip up....
Old Sep 17th 2013, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx View Post
No doubt someone got a severe bollocking for that slip up....
yeh but a long time ago..... in the days when they would marker pen in a longer skirt for Princess Di!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 1:47 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Israel is mentioned in Oman. You just aren't allowed to enter if you have a stamp from the country in your passport.