Reload this Page >

Relocating to Dubai

Relocating to Dubai

Old Sep 15th 2013, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

The club swinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Dubai

Hi

Great forums on here. My family and I(wife, 2 children 9 & 6, and dog) will be relocating to dubai in jan 2014. I will be out in october to start making plans etc. I've done quite a lot of research and think I have covered most things. But would appreciate a little advice on the following: I have a job already, my wife won't work, kids will start school in mid January. My work will organise house or apartment near or on the palm. Advice on schools would be great. I will get a choice of accommodation and would like a good community, local amenities, shops, maybe a little garden for dog. I am also looking forward to testing and playing the golf courses.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:45 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Relocating to Dubai

Long waiting lists for most Schools, don't just presume they will start mid-January if you don't already have a place sorted ?....you want British Curriculum ?

Welcome to BE

* kin-hell, can't believe I spelled Curriculum right on first attempt *
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

You need an Arabian Ranches villa - pop some pampas grass is the front garden and you're good to go.

...or have I mis-interpreted your user name?
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:31 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

If you live on or near the palm there are quite a few schools within about fifteen minutes drive along a relatively safe commute: Kings, Star International (where mine went), Raffles (bit frowned on but my mate's kid went there and she was fine) emirates International, Wellington international. Further along into Jumeirah you have JPS, Horizon... Lots to check.

The problem is places but mine got transferred from an Abu Dhabi school in mid January without an issue. I found that if I rang or emailed I got nowhere. When I visited the schools in person with my kids it was better and places were "found."
The ages are important though. The older they are the easier to find places, although one of mine was five. I actually think it was easier to get a place in January than in the September rush as people had left at Xmas.