visa need help

Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

justlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nice
Default visa need help

I have my resi visa through work but as work has messed up, trying to be as polite as ever, my wifes visa is not complete and her visa has just expired. to complicate things she needs to leave the country on sat, has anyone overstayed their welcome here, was it just a fine or anything else.

any help appreciated.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:17 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa need help

Originally Posted by justlooking
I have my resi visa through work but as work has messed up, trying to be as polite as ever, my wifes visa is not complete and her visa has just expired. to complicate things she needs to leave the country on sat, has anyone overstayed their welcome here, was it just a fine or anything else.

any help appreciated.
This hasn't happened to me but I belive (from others I've spoken to) she'll be stamped out of the country, with no fine, then get the tourist visa, then she comes back in.

No probs, as I say, not done it myself, but this is what I UNDERSTAND HAPPENS.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:40 pm
W10

If she was on a tourist visa anyway then drive to Oman, or fly to Doha or Kish or somewhere and come back.

Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
This hasn't happened to me but I belive (from others I've spoken to) she'll be stamped out of the country, with no fine, then get the tourist visa, then she comes back in.

No probs, as I say, not done it myself, but this is what I UNDERSTAND HAPPENS.
If your wife has overstayed her original visit visa and you have not started to apply for her residence visa then you can apply to extend her visit visa up to a maximum 90 days. If you have started her visa process officially then you are OK as Immigration will stop the visit visa 'clock' as of the date you applied with them. If you haven't started the visa process and her visa has run out then the fine is 100aed per day of overstay and you must pay in cash.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 2:54 am
Just Joined

justlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nice

thanks all for your help,just as i thought cheers but , i bet she'll do it her own way, as usual
Old Apr 12th 2006, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

trailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant future

Don't know if having her visa approval underway will make a difference . . . but my friend was one day over her 60 days when leaving Dubai last November and was marched away by armed guards at the airport and had to pay 500Dhs PER DAY in cash on the spot (no credit cards accepted).

If she needs to do a visa run, assuming her passport is from one of the countries that get a 60 day visa upon arrival, why not just drive to Oman through Hatta? Just did it last week. 1/2 hr drive, 60 Dhs for Omani visa (on arrival), 150 Dhs for Oman car insurance. Much cheaper & easier than a flight.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:59 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

any help appreciated.

From the date her Visa has expired SHE has still 30days Grace period.

If you do see a chance of getting a new job or staying in this country under the current sponsor or a New one, Then Donot bother getting your wife a tourist Visa!

Let her overstay even for 11 months!

As soon her new visa is issued than go to the Immigration court! Then will only fine you 350/- to 600/- only.

Then her penalty will be waived and new visa will be stamped.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:56 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

If your wife's visa is being processed she will not have her passport, immigration will have it. If she has it then her visa has not been applied for.

I hope this helps.

any help appreciated.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:28 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
If your wife's visa is being processed she will not have her passport, immigration will have it. If she has it then her visa has not been applied for.

I hope this helps.

Not True.

The Immigration needs the Passport Copy along with Photos and Relevent documents in order to issue the Visa.

Once the Visa is Issued, Then It has to be stamped into the passport and To stamp it in the passport the Original passport will be with Immigration dept to stamp the Visa in the passport. (this is the last step, during this she will also submit her medical fitness cert.)