Visa help

Old Dec 6th 2008, 7:13 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa help

Originally Posted by jayne29
Thanks Tiger/Eva

I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

I work for a large company, i'm not sure if they would be classed as a strong though?...

I dont actually mind paying the extra money, it might mean there's no chritsmas presents for the folks though! :-O

So once my medical is done i can actually ask for my passport back, leave the country, return in the new year hand it back and continue with the process?... this is kind of what i had in mind but my HR dept. told me it wasn't possible. They said that i can't leave the country whilst my visa is in process. What would happen if it was an emergency?... or what happens when people need to travel for business? ok i dont but surely you must be able to leave and complete it on return?

thanks again!
jayne
As I said, I done it my self in January, it took the company three month to do my Abu Dhabi Visa due to the fact, I changed work and they f'd up on my papers and I was travelling weekly to Saudi for a project. What really takes time is the ministry approval and for that process, they don't hold your passport So yes you can take your passport out during the process, and yes you can travel with your passport as you don't need any visas to re-enter. Its given in the airport.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

mrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nice

put the whole thing off until you get back. you can leave the country on a visit visa and return on a visit visa. do the medical after you get back and hand your passport in then. i work for a direct government company and I was told 40 - 45 days. Once I handed my passport in there was no getting it back - I tried last week for the Eid holidays. You are cutting it way to fine if you really want to go home and there is no reason why you can't put it off and have a merry christmas!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I'm off to see Santa Claus!!!!

Ok... so, i have given my passport in at work already. But i haven't had my medical yet... so do you think my passport has actually gone anywhere? seeing as i havent got my med results yet they wont have submitted it would they?, or maybe its sat in the PRO's drawer whilst he enjoys his holidays? or if i put my medical off until the new year is it easy peasy to get my passport back do you think? what a nightmare, i'm never going to let my passport out of my sight again. EVER. Also, i didn't enter on a visitor visa i dont think? i entered on... what i was told was a temporary employment visa?.. My work emailed me a print out which i had to get stamped at the airport. will this make any difference?

Thanks for the help )
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

mrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nice

they won't do anything with your passport until you have the medical. Once the medical is done, they send the results and your passport off to immigration for residence visa processing. If you haven't had your medical done your passport will be sitting with your PRO / HR department. If your medical is scheduled for the 15th your passport won't be submitted until at least the 18th which doesn't leave you enough time to get it back.
You should be fine to travel on an employment visa but perhaps triple check with your PRO.
You are much better off getting your passport back now from your PRO and doing the medical etc when you get back as once the passport has gone to immigration you have no chance of getting it back until the visa is processed and at this time of the year that could be at least a month if not more
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for your replies.

I have just been told again that i can't travel on an employment visa until i have my reseidence visa stamped in my passport. So i can't take it back and then travel and complete the process once i return, this sounds like such a strange rule?... there is no way im going to get it my residence visa before Christmas so im stuck here...how come others have done it?...

Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

I don't believe that is correct. I have not done it myself but we have people here who have done it as they are / have been in the same situation as you.