Visa help

Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough
Default Visa help

Evening all,

I've done a search but i haven't had much luck in finding the answers unfortunately, so here goes...

I started my new job last week. I have my medical booked for the 15th and i'm told that my visa could take anything up to 2 weeks. Now the problem is that i'm due to travel back to the uk on the 24th December and my HR department are not certain that i'm going to be able to. I have read in my very helpful guide book that it's possible to get the visa done in a day once all the medical results are back etc, but that it costs an extra 100 AED. When i mentioned this to my work they said that it wouldn't be possible to fast track it...

Bit of a dilemma then... is there any way i can speed things up a bit? is there anything i can do to make this happen sooner? is it likely that i will get my visa in time to travel on the 24th december? i dont mind paying extra or even doing the donkey work myself, queuing, begging etc... i just desperately need it for that date

Any ideas, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much
j
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help

Originally Posted by jayne29
Evening all,

I've done a search but i haven't had much luck in finding the answers unfortunately, so here goes...

I started my new job last week. I have my medical booked for the 15th and i'm told that my visa could take anything up to 2 weeks. Now the problem is that i'm due to travel back to the uk on the 24th December and my HR department are not certain that i'm going to be able to. I have read in my very helpful guide book that it's possible to get the visa done in a day once all the medical results are back etc, but that it costs an extra 100 AED. When i mentioned this to my work they said that it wouldn't be possible to fast track it...

Bit of a dilemma then... is there any way i can speed things up a bit? is there anything i can do to make this happen sooner? is it likely that i will get my visa in time to travel on the 24th december? i dont mind paying extra or even doing the donkey work myself, queuing, begging etc... i just desperately need it for that date

Any ideas, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much
j
Try sleeping with the P.R.O......?????
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough

it's a woman?!??!? ;o)

So apart from sleeping with somebody to get it done are there any other ways i can fast track this whole thing?... im getting desperate! (but not desperate enough to do the above)
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

it's a woman?!??!? ;o)

So apart from sleeping with somebody to get it done are there any other ways i can fast track this whole thing?... im getting desperate! (but not desperate enough to do the above)
a sense of humour - excellent. You will do well around these parts....

Are you still on a visit visa and do you have your passport (or can you get it back off your employer??). If you are, then couldn't you nip home and re-enter on the visit visa???

It ought to be possible to get your residence permit in a 5-day turnaround - depends on how switched on your PRO is. I wouldn't try and do it yourself - the officials would have a field day with you....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

sense of humour is essential...

So is it true that a visa can be done in a day for an extra 100 AED?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

I didnt come in on a visitors visa i had an employment visa which i had to get stamped...i think this is right?!

is there any way i could get my passport back if i ended up having to travel?...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That I don't know - when I was living in the UAE I worked for what was effectively a federal dept. The visa was ready within 5 days...

Also, the rules change so damn often it's hard to keep up. Maybe someone with more recent independant experience can help you.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

Was that 5 days from when you had your medical results?... im really cutting it fine aren't i?!? x
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you

Was that 5 days from when you had your medical results?... im really cutting it fine aren't i?!? x
Hmm. Yeah. Yes, it only took a day to get the medical people to declare me aids-free, then about 5 days after....

You'd be bloody lucky to get your visa before X-mas when you factor in w-ends....

Hey, X-mas in Dubai ain't so bad....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

a day isnt long so thats one good thing...

let's hope there aren't too many visas being processed at the moment so it wont take much longer.

thanks again
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:07 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

First of all nope that rule doesn't apply any more to the new visa rules.
Second, if you not an engineer or you don't work with a strong company it takes a month for the visa to be done.
Third, you can travel out of the country as british passport holders can re-enter on visiting terms again. And when your visa is ready to be stamped on your passport, return your passport to your PRO and let him/her finish off your visa process. You are currently working illegally if you have no visa anyways
If you want to speed matter more. There is an express visa process but its costly before the new visa rules it costs like 1000dh. I had my visa done in two days as I needed to travel back in the UK and I went through that process two years ago. Now not too sure about the price but its possible.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:11 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is-and I don't want to sound like a half empty cup of doom and gloom here....if you exit w.o residence visa..doesn't that mean you have to do medicals/bloods again?...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:15 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eva
Thing is-and I don't want to sound like a half empty cup of doom and gloom here....if you exit w.o residence visa..doesn't that mean you have to do medicals/bloods again?...
nah cause the medical is valid for a month or three month not too sure. The visa process is short. The thing that takes time is ministry of labour. They just can't be arsed working. Thats why it takes upto a month to do your visa stamp. Basically when the PRO submits the papers. Its just an empost form to apply for a new visa, with the supporting documents such as the trade licence, medical, why do they wanna employ you etc...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:16 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger989
nah cause the medical is valid for a month or three month not too sure. The visa process is short. The thing that takes time is ministry of labour. They just can't be arsed working. Thats why it takes upto a month to do your visa stamp. Basically when the PRO submits the papers. Its just an empost form to apply for a new visa, with the supporting documents such as the trade licence, medical, why do they wanna employ you etc...

okay.tft.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiger989
First of all nope that rule doesn't apply any more to the new visa rules.
Second, if you not an engineer or you don't work with a strong company it takes a month for the visa to be done.
Third, you can travel out of the country as british passport holders can re-enter on visiting terms again. And when your visa is ready to be stamped on your passport, return your passport to your PRO and let him/her finish off your visa process. You are currently working illegally if you have no visa anyways
If you want to speed matter more. There is an express visa process but its costly before the new visa rules it costs like 1000dh. I had my visa done in two days as I needed to travel back in the UK and I went through that process two years ago. Now not too sure about the price but its possible.
Thanks Tiger/Eva

I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

I work for a large company, i'm not sure if they would be classed as a strong though?...

I dont actually mind paying the extra money, it might mean there's no chritsmas presents for the folks though! :-O

So once my medical is done i can actually ask for my passport back, leave the country, return in the new year hand it back and continue with the process?... this is kind of what i had in mind but my HR dept. told me it wasn't possible. They said that i can't leave the country whilst my visa is in process. What would happen if it was an emergency?... or what happens when people need to travel for business? ok i dont but surely you must be able to leave and complete it on return?

thanks again!
jayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.