Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa Cancelled by Company Owe Money to Bank

Visa Cancelled by Company Owe Money to Bank

Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

albriel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Cancelled by Company Owe Money to Bank

First off, I realize there are several posts with a similar topic I was just hoping to find some new updated information. A friend of mine was recently terminated from his job in Dubai and his visa cancelled. He has a loan with a bank and is not sure what happens now (his account was just frozen which sounds to be standard procedure).

He's been paying his loan on time for almost 2 years and plans to continue paying. He's been offered a job outside of the ME but doesn't know what to do regarding the bank. Does he need to provide them with a letter from his new employer?

He's concerned he will be detained if he tries to leave although from what I've seen it's only if he's defaulted on the loan and the bank places an order? This has to happen to a lot of people and from what i've seen, it has, but couldn't really find anything that says this is what he should do or what they've done. Most seem to have made it back to their countries but I'd like to know what did they do it with the bank before they left etc? Should he go to the bank with a letter from employer? He's concerned with all he's heard that he'll go to jail when he tries to leave because he has a loan, but it seems to me if everyone who was terminated and/or left dubai with cancelled visa and some kind of debt went to jail, there'd be a lot of people in jail?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 4:25 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Cancelled by Company Owe Money to Bank

Unfortunately there are alot of people in jail over here. I have a friend who is afraid to leave the UAE simply because she has a few thousand outstanding on her credit card. No loans or anything.