VISA

Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:21 am
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future
Default VISA

Hi...can someone tell me in plain English PLEASE...the process for getting a Saudi work Visa...and then a family Visa and are these Visas easy to get/automatic, or can they turn you down?????
I am about to receive the Visa-paperwork from my future employer in Saudi but then they say i have got to get some bits of paperwork legalised and then other bits taken to the embassy...then a stamp put in my passport...i am lost.
I am then told my family will not be able to come out with me and that i will have to work in Saudi for 3 weeks before i can apply for some Visa or other for my family?
I am getting myself wound up...please help before i finish pulling all my hair out!
MY new employer wants me out there in 2 weeks!
Thanks....
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

rdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nice
Default Re: VISA

Originally Posted by reecefam
Hi...can someone tell me in plain English PLEASE...the process for getting a Saudi work Visa...and then a family Visa and are these Visas easy to get/automatic, or can they turn you down?????
I am about to receive the Visa-paperwork from my future employer in Saudi but then they say i have got to get some bits of paperwork legalised and then other bits taken to the embassy...then a stamp put in my passport...i am lost.
I am then told my family will not be able to come out with me and that i will have to work in Saudi for 3 weeks before i can apply for some Visa or other for my family?
I am getting myself wound up...please help before i finish pulling all my hair out!
MY new employer wants me out there in 2 weeks!
Thanks....
Hi
The following thread might help-it is however from a south african perspective. Just do the same but using the British equivalent departments and Saudi contact details in your home country. In the end the paperwork requirements should be the same.
Hope it helps:
http://www.sainsaudi.co.za/saudi/ind...pic,869.0.html

On compounds etc, I know of someone who stays at Seder Village-if you need this pm me. You might however want to postpone choosing one before you have actually seen it and think it's suitable for the family.

Good luck, hope this helps
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

It is a while since we were in KSA but I have found this link which might be of help to you.

http://saudinf.com/main/q0041.htm
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:08 am

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Great help...though it does look like my family can not join me for many weeks...
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Its very hard I know I didnt see my husband for 11 months as that was because he was on a single contract but then i got a job at the same hospital so it was great after that. If you go out on your own to begin with you will be able to do a rekky and get the lie of the land. If you are on a married contract your wife and family will get out there but sadly things dont happen quickly but the other thing that is quite relevant at the moment is it is the middle of Ramadan and then there will be the Eid holidays which makes things very quiet so be patient. Hope you have a good time, we were in KSA for over 4 years and although very different we had a good time.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Its very hard I know I didnt see my husband for 11 months as that was because he was on a single contract but then i got a job at the same hospital so it was great after that. If you go out on your own to begin with you will be able to do a rekky and get the lie of the land. If you are on a married contract your wife and family will get out there but sadly things dont happen quickly but the other thing that is quite relevant at the moment is it is the middle of Ramadan and then there will be the Eid holidays which makes things very quiet so be patient. Hope you have a good time, we were in KSA for over 4 years and although very different we had a good time.
Thanks...i am getting a work Visa then applying for a visa for them to join me...i am all new to this but this is what was told to me?
There 5 weeks, is that feasable or is it likely to take longer than that?
I dont want to get over there to discover 5 weeks turns into 3 months and we do not spend Xmas together.
Thanks for all your help/advice.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Just PM'd you. Is your company a big reliable one can I ask?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reecefam
Thanks...i am getting a work Visa then applying for a visa for them to join me...i am all new to this but this is what was told to me?
There 5 weeks, is that feasable or is it likely to take longer than that?
I dont want to get over there to discover 5 weeks turns into 3 months and we do not spend Xmas together.
Thanks for all your help/advice.
It took 3 months for my wife to join me and I have heard of it taking as much as 6 months. Very little gets done over there during Ramadan. You will have to be patient.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Take copies of everything like your family's passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate etc with you when you go as you will need to get everything translated to Arabic and it will save time. Also apply if you havent got one already for an international driving licence, it doesnt take long and the RAC do them for you very cheaply.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:28 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

You may need medicals in the UK - ask for what is wanted. These can be done quicly if private.
Legalisation of papers in the UK is done at the Foreign Office. Legalisation is confirmation of the signature. If it does not have a signature - eg driving license then you need to get a lawyer to certify it. If it is suggested to get further legalisation in the UK - do it. It is expensive to do anything overseas - particularly with British embassies.
My advice is to go to the legalisation office at 08:30 on a Monday am - it opens at 09:30 but the queues are obscene. It has a website.

Remember this is a process. Most of the 7million expat workers in Saudi have to go through it and it is in no-ones interest for the process to fail - so take a deep breath and relax - read and understand all of the advice and remind yourself what you are going for.

Don't give up!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dago
You may need medicals in the UK - ask for what is wanted. These can be done quicly if private.
Legalisation of papers in the UK is done at the Foreign Office. Legalisation is confirmation of the signature. If it does not have a signature - eg driving license then you need to get a lawyer to certify it. If it is suggested to get further legalisation in the UK - do it. It is expensive to do anything overseas - particularly with British embassies.
My advice is to go to the legalisation office at 08:30 on a Monday am - it opens at 09:30 but the queues are obscene. It has a website.

Remember this is a process. Most of the 7million expat workers in Saudi have to go through it and it is in no-ones interest for the process to fail - so take a deep breath and relax - read and understand all of the advice and remind yourself what you are going for.

Don't give up!!
Reecefam, as per my PM ring me when you get your paperwork and anything you are not sure of we can go over on the phone. The weather in the UK is not very warm so I am off to put the central heating on I think