Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please.

Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please.

Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

steelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nice
Default Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please.

Hi Again.

Last night after the football i was talking to a friend of a friend and was telling him of our plans to move over to Dubai.

He told me that his mums sister lived in Dubai but had to move away last year due to the violence in the country, Shootings, Beatings, muggings theft

not sure really where she lived but just thought I would ask if anyone had heard of any similar stories. Obviously its not the sort of thing you want to hear.

Cheers
Tom
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please.

I have never heard of anything related to the kind happen in Dubai ... very unheard of.

Am dubious about the integirty of that statement.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelertom
Hi Again.

Last night after the football i was talking to a friend of a friend and was telling him of our plans to move over to Dubai.

He told me that his mums sister lived in Dubai but had to move away last year due to the violence in the country, Shootings, Beatings, muggings theft

not sure really where she lived but just thought I would ask if anyone had heard of any similar stories. Obviously its not the sort of thing you want to hear.

Cheers
Tom
I doubt I have lived in a safer place (apart from the risk from idiot drivers)
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again.

Cheers
Tom

load of rubbish Tom! of course we are not crime free, where is but honestly that is just ridiculous! the only shooting that I have ever heard of was outside the Hard Rock cafe just after 9/11. Some drunk nutcase. Ignore his comments please!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:51 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again.

Cheers
Tom
It'd be interesting to find out where she has been living then...Darfur perhaps...
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:56 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

I agree with you that there should be more violence and that it should be vertically integrated.

There should be child beatings - for no reason -(particularly on my children) and trans gender slapping, duel by driving, pan racial panning, pub brawls, aircraft carrier battles and nuclear war. Dubai always does it better. We should have slogans on the airplanes and options for canibalism or just vegetarian outcomes. There should be a no smoking section on the battlefield.

Does that answer your request for info?

Last edited by Old Lob; Feb 7th 2008 at 1:00 pm. Reason: adding focus
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob
I agree with you that there should be more violence and that it should be vertically integrated.

There should be child beatings - for no reason - and trans gender slapping, duel by driving, pan racial panning, pub brawls, aircraft carrier battles and nuclear war. Dubai always does it better. We should have slogans on the airplanes and options for canibalism or just vegetarian outcomes. There should be a no smoking section on the battlefield.

I had totally forgotten about you...oh well
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:02 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Old Lob

There should be child beatings - for no reason -(particularly on my children) and trans gender slapping, duel by driving, pan racial panning, pub brawls, aircraft carrier battles and nuclear war. Dubai always does it better. We should have slogans on the airplanes and options for canibalism or just vegetarian outcomes. There should be a no smoking section on the battlefield.

lol....... *speechless!*
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

steelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nice

As I thought then,

The guys Talking out of his ARSE!

After months of viewing this forum I had never read anything about bad violence, the other good 1 he mentioned was Car Bombings hahahaha

maybe he thought I said Iraq. Who Knows

It went straight over my head anyway.

Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:12 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

As I thought then,

After months of viewing this forum I had never read anything about bad violence, the other good 1 he mentioned was Car Bombings hahahaha

maybe he thought I said Iraq. Who Knows

It went straight over my head anyway.

Thanks

Don't give up the day job when applying to be the Professor of English is my advice. I accept that literacy is not compulsory so perhaps I am just being discriminatory.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

LOL!
Its called being on the internet at work when your not supposed to be and typing fast so you dont get caught.

sorry!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:43 pm
Banned

Two issues with that.

1. You are telling me there is internet in Derbyshire?

2. You are telling me there is work in Derbyshire.

Jeez, the world has changed.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The "guy"? I thought it was your mum's sister.........

Mind you, if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle - or whatever the expression is.........

And Old Lob is back - the second best piece of news I've heard tonight......

How's the Juxtaposition Tavern?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:46 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

The "guy"? I thought it was your mum's sister.........

Mind you, if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle - or whatever the expression is.........

And Old Lob is back - the second best piece of news I've heard tonight......

How's the Juxtaposition Tavern?
The first was?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I agree with your friend's friend, there is simply too much violence here in Dubai...every day we hear about robberies, beatings, rapes, car-jacking and worse. If I were you, I would go to Durban instead, much safer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.