British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/violence-dubai-your-thoughts-please-512536/)

steelertom Feb 7th 2008 12:42 pm

Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please.

Hi Again.

Last night after the football i was talking to a friend of a friend and was telling him of our plans to move over to Dubai.

He told me that his mums sister lived in Dubai but had to move away last year due to the violence in the country, Shootings, Beatings, muggings theft

not sure really where she lived but just thought I would ask if anyone had heard of any similar stories. Obviously its not the sort of thing you want to hear.

Cheers
Tom

nudda Feb 7th 2008 12:44 pm

Re: Violence in Dubai...Your Thoughts please.

I have never heard of anything related to the kind happen in Dubai ... very unheard of.

Am dubious about the integirty of that statement.

Inselaffen Feb 7th 2008 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by steelertom (Post 5899151)
Hi Again.

Last night after the football i was talking to a friend of a friend and was telling him of our plans to move over to Dubai.

He told me that his mums sister lived in Dubai but had to move away last year due to the violence in the country, Shootings, Beatings, muggings theft

not sure really where she lived but just thought I would ask if anyone had heard of any similar stories. Obviously its not the sort of thing you want to hear.

Cheers
Tom

I doubt I have lived in a safer place (apart from the risk from idiot drivers)

Blue Cat Feb 7th 2008 12:49 pm

Hi Again.

Cheers
Tom

load of rubbish Tom! of course we are not crime free, where is but honestly that is just ridiculous! the only shooting that I have ever heard of was outside the Hard Rock cafe just after 9/11. Some drunk nutcase. Ignore his comments please!

MataHari Feb 7th 2008 12:51 pm

Hi Again.

Cheers
Tom

It'd be interesting to find out where she has been living then...Darfur perhaps...

Old Lob Feb 7th 2008 12:56 pm

I agree with you that there should be more violence and that it should be vertically integrated.

There should be child beatings - for no reason -(particularly on my children) and trans gender slapping, duel by driving, pan racial panning, pub brawls, aircraft carrier battles and nuclear war. Dubai always does it better. We should have slogans on the airplanes and options for canibalism or just vegetarian outcomes. There should be a no smoking section on the battlefield.

Does that answer your request for info?

MataHari Feb 7th 2008 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Old Lob (Post 5899202)
I agree with you that there should be more violence and that it should be vertically integrated.

There should be child beatings - for no reason - and trans gender slapping, duel by driving, pan racial panning, pub brawls, aircraft carrier battles and nuclear war. Dubai always does it better. We should have slogans on the airplanes and options for canibalism or just vegetarian outcomes. There should be a no smoking section on the battlefield.

I had totally forgotten about you...oh well

zamboooka Feb 7th 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Old Lob (Post 5899202)

There should be child beatings - for no reason -(particularly on my children) and trans gender slapping, duel by driving, pan racial panning, pub brawls, aircraft carrier battles and nuclear war. Dubai always does it better. We should have slogans on the airplanes and options for canibalism or just vegetarian outcomes. There should be a no smoking section on the battlefield.

lol....... *speechless!*

steelertom Feb 7th 2008 1:06 pm

As I thought then,

The guys Talking out of his ARSE!

After months of viewing this forum I had never read anything about bad violence, the other good 1 he mentioned was Car Bombings hahahaha

maybe he thought I said Iraq. Who Knows

It went straight over my head anyway.

Thanks

Old Lob Feb 7th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by steelertom (Post 5899247)
As I thought then,

After months of viewing this forum I had never read anything about bad violence, the other good 1 he mentioned was Car Bombings hahahaha

maybe he thought I said Iraq. Who Knows

It went straight over my head anyway.

Thanks

Don't give up the day job when applying to be the Professor of English is my advice. I accept that literacy is not compulsory so perhaps I am just being discriminatory.

steelertom Feb 7th 2008 1:35 pm

LOL!
Its called being on the internet at work when your not supposed to be and typing fast so you dont get caught.

sorry!:D

Old Lob Feb 7th 2008 1:43 pm

Two issues with that.

1. You are telling me there is internet in Derbyshire?

2. You are telling me there is work in Derbyshire.

Jeez, the world has changed.

The Dean Feb 7th 2008 7:42 pm

The "guy"? I thought it was your mum's sister.........

Mind you, if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle - or whatever the expression is.........

And Old Lob is back - the second best piece of news I've heard tonight......

How's the Juxtaposition Tavern?

Eva Feb 7th 2008 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5901037)

The "guy"? I thought it was your mum's sister.........

Mind you, if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle - or whatever the expression is.........

And Old Lob is back - the second best piece of news I've heard tonight......

How's the Juxtaposition Tavern?

The first was?

lionheart Feb 8th 2008 2:47 pm

Yes I agree with your friend's friend, there is simply too much violence here in Dubai...every day we hear about robberies, beatings, rapes, car-jacking and worse. If I were you, I would go to Durban instead, much safer...;)