Villa Utilities

Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:19 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Villa Utilities

After 3 years in an apartment looking at 2/3 bed villas in Springs, Meadows and Arabian Ranches, can someone give me some idea of utilities, in the main its A/C I am concerned about. Am used to district cooling and 1500dhs a month on average for Dewa & Empower and DEWA inclu 5% housing charge.
thanks

Tried several contacts on Dubizzle, just no one answers the "contact me" is no one interested? or are agents just thye same old lazy gits wanting their money for nothing.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Villa Utilities

Originally Posted by rowell
After 3 years in an apartment looking at 2/3 bed villas in Springs, Meadows and Arabian Ranches, can someone give me some idea of utilities, in the main its A/C I am concerned about. Am used to district cooling and 1500dhs a month on average for Dewa & Empower and DEWA inclu 5% housing charge.
thanks

Tried several contacts on Dubizzle, just no one answers the "contact me" is no one interested? or are agents just thye same old lazy gits wanting their money for nothing.
I'm told by my landlord that ex. Housing tax, the bill should be 1400 / month for this place (large 3/4 bed - type 1E - with small grass garden in the Ranches). Agent (who used to live in a similar one) says 700 winter, 1400 summer ( I don't believe her though). Been here 10 days... will let you know when the bill comes.

I don't like AC very much and we have our place at around 25-26oC. Hopefully I will see the benefit of that in my purse too.

The way I see the housing fee is it's just rent paid over 12 cheques. Just factor that in when you negotiate the rent.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:37 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I'm told by my landlord that ex. Housing tax, the bill should be 1400 / month for this place (large 3/4 bed - type 1E - with small grass garden in the Ranches). Agent (who used to live in a similar one) says 700 winter, 1400 summer ( I don't believe her though). Been here 10 days... will let you know when the bill comes.

I don't like AC very much and we have our place at around 25-26oC. Hopefully I will see the benefit of that in my purse too.

The way I see the housing fee is it's just rent paid over 12 cheques. Just factor that in when you negotiate the rent.
Housing fee is 5% of yearly rent and is collected on the DEWA bill
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Housing fee is 5% of yearly rent and is collected on the DEWA bill
that's my point...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:36 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Costs for a 3 bed + maids room (but no maid) ex housing fee; garden but nothing growing (ie no grass, trees, plants etc) so no irrigation; pool with heater/chiller; a/c set at 28c in unused rooms (dining/lounge, both spare bedrooms and spare bathroom), 27c in other rooms (kitchen/family room and master bedroom/bath); only the two of us:

Winter months average between 500dhs/800dhs, summer months average 1,400dhs/1,700dhs. These costs obviously vary according to whether or not we have visitors, most of whom seem to find it intolerable if their a/c is set at anything higher than 18c, even in the winter

We reckon that the pool heater/chiller costs about 125dhs/month and it runs throughout the year with the pool temp set at about 32c.

Water component of our DEWA bill is around 150dhs/month.

Oh yes, and we cook with electricity.

HTH
Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hnd
Costs for a 3 bed + maids room (but no maid) ex housing fee; garden but nothing growing (ie no grass, trees, plants etc) so no irrigation; pool with heater/chiller; a/c set at 28c in unused rooms (dining/lounge, both spare bedrooms and spare bathroom), 27c in other rooms (kitchen/family room and master bedroom/bath); only the two of us:

Winter months average between 500dhs/800dhs, summer months average 1,400dhs/1,700dhs. These costs obviously vary according to whether or not we have visitors, most of whom seem to find it intolerable if their a/c is set at anything higher than 18c, even in the winter

We reckon that the pool heater/chiller costs about 125dhs/month and it runs throughout the year with the pool temp set at about 32c.

HTH
27oC ... now that is toasty!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by hnd

HTH
Thank you much appreciated