Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

V worried teaching packages and children

V worried teaching packages and children

Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Fly Fish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default V worried teaching packages and children

I just spoke to a recruitment company today and they told me why my CV was getting rejected; it's because I want to go out to Dubai with my daughter while my husband who is a Doctor stays in the UK to finish off research and until he finds a good job out there. They said that there would be a problem with the accomadation, and my daughter's visa. I am teacher by the way. Of course I want the full package, accomadation, flights and school fees for us. Please help I feel so down, my dream to go to the UAE is not working out. Could my husband come initially to set us up and then keep coming home to work in london Any advice would really help at this moment
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: V worried teaching packages and children

Originally Posted by Fly Fish
I just spoke to a recruitment company today and they told me why my CV was getting rejected; it's because I want to go out to Dubai with my daughter while my husband who is a Doctor stays in the UK to finish off research and until he finds a good job out there. They said that there would be a problem with the accomadation, and my daughter's visa. I am teacher by the way. Of course I want the full package, accomadation, flights and school fees for us. Please help I feel so down, my dream to go to the UAE is not working out. Could my husband come initially to set us up and then keep coming home to work in london Any advice would really help at this moment
There are several women here who came ahead of their hubbies (eg Sam FTQ) so I don't really see that as an unsurmountable obstacle. Having said that, its much easier to make it a joint venture as the culture and legal system in the Arab World are still very much male orientated.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see what the problem is, you can sponsor your daughter as you are a teacher, the majority of schools give accomodation, so no problem there, how is your daughter? which schools are you dealing with?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

My daugther is five. I have sent out loads of applications for English secondayr posts and haven't heard a thing. On my application it says I have a daughter but husband won't be coming out with me. I'm dealing with teach anywhere.com recruitment company who say that schools won't look at my CV because of the the accomadation and school fees they would have to give me.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:07 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Tell them he is comming out. But not when
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ned
Really? Would they check? Do you know anyone who has done that? Please help.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

My daugther is five. I have sent out loads of applications for English secondayr posts and haven't heard a thing. On my application it says I have a daughter but husband won't be coming out with me. I'm dealing with teach anywhere.com recruitment company who say that schools won't look at my CV because of the the accomadation and school fees they would have to give me.

they have a valid point in there somewhere! being that it is cheaper to hire someone without a child and there are plenty of teachers around who are single and lot less 'hassle'. Try the TES site.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:33 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Hi Ned
Really? Would they check? Do you know anyone who has done that? Please help.

I'm afraid I don't know, but being economical with the truth isn't exactly lying.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Tell them he is comming out. But not when
the schools are after trailing spouses as it is cheaper, so if she says her husband is coming they will want him to have the full package and employ her locally
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

But can I say he is coming out on my package - at some point when he gets a job?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:40 pm
Now 15% less offensive

If he is coming out - say so.

If you are pushed for a date - supply it
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:52 pm
Concierge

But can I say he is coming out on my package - at some point when he gets a job?
I don't know what difference it makes to them?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:42 am
Just Joined

jembo is an unknown quantity at this point

I would avoid using a recruitment agent to find a post, use the TES online and email your CV to all schools directly. having gone through the same process as you (no children but husband coming out on different date) the schools will try it on regarding putting you on local contract and trying to blag you this is the 'legal route' which is rubbish they are just trying to get you cheaper.

I held my ground (and was very selective with the info i told them) and got full international package and my husband has it also (husbands company doesnt care that i get it also). Simply tell them that you are coming first and your husband will be joining you later on your package and that is your plan and it wont change. if they offer and allowance instead of accomodation they will simply need your name on the tenent agreement. they can not demand to see your husbands future contract when he arrives so just stick to your story - a little white lie but at the end of the day you are intitled to full international package.