Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Used Car Dealers........

Used Car Dealers........

Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:58 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Used Car Dealers........

I have to buy 2 cars with the car allowance I am being given by my employer and, instead of going for 2 smaller new cars, am considering buying 2 larger used cars....

Knowing the breadth and depth of expertise of knowledge within this hallowed group of people, I was hoping someone could give me an idea of which used car dealers to steer (!!!) clear of and which ones were ok...
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Used Car Dealers........

I have heard horror stories about 4x4 BUT then my friend bought two cars from the SZR branch and is really happy with them I think it is just pot luck to be honest with you. Can you not stretch to getting a new one?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Think you can also buy them at auctions (e.g. Golden Bell - they auction repossessed cars from defaulting auto loan customers) on behalf of banks). Have heard you can get some pretty good deals here...
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

or have a look on Dubizzle.com
usually some reasonable deals on there
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

and the expatwoman classifieds
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

go up to al awir used car complex, its located of al khail road past the country club. ie head for hatta on al khail and when you pass the country club turn, keep going and the place is signposted about half a mile later. Although known as al awir complex its nowhere near al awir so dont go to al awir.
thousands and thousands of cars up there.....literallly. most of the big dealers also have their second hand units up there.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:46 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiva
go up to al awir used car complex, its located of al khail road past the country club. ie head for hatta on al khail and when you pass the country club turn, keep going and the place is signposted about half a mile later. Although known as al awir complex its nowhere near al awir so dont go to al awir.
thousands and thousands of cars up there.....literallly. most of the big dealers also have their second hand units up there.
Sounds like the palce to go... Ill do a search and see if I can get an idea of their inventory....

Thanks muchly, shiva.......
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:47 am
Concierge

be careful though, alot of the cars up there are imports or damaged ones that have been repaired
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:17 pm
oh5
Forum Regular

oh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to alloh5 is a name known to all

Al Awir and Golden Bell are good suggestions, if you need to shop around more you could hit the used car areas in Shj.