Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

URGENT Please Help Re: St Andrews - British Institute of Learning Development

URGENT Please Help Re: St Andrews - British Institute of Learning Development

Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:21 am
Just Joined

fjcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT Please Help Re: St Andrews - British Institute of Learning Development

Update on the funds missing and the CR's story.......

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-for-australia
Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT Please Help Re: St Andrews - British Institute of Learning Development

Originally Posted by The Dean
Google him again......... that graduate university jobby is, as far as I am aware, just a degree mill.
Read the articles FJC posted, seems the guy is a nob - bit like the disgraced Australian swim coach that was coaching in Dubai schools when I was there, he too absconded with everyone's cash into thin air one night. Schooling is enough of a pain in the backside in Dubai without this kind of carry on.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
What an absolute load of flannel, I could hardly get past the first few lines before retching....
May I refer the Right Honourable Millsyisland to post number two in this thread.........

I reiterate: it sounds very suspect, and I stand by my comment that Claremont is a degree factory.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fjcruiser
Update on the funds missing and the CR's story.......

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-for-australia
I can't believe he was able to 'cash' two cheques that were made payable to the school.......... I also can't believe he was able to withdraw cash from a school bank account with only his signature as authorisation.........
Old Sep 6th 2012, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

to add to The Dean comments, how did he manage to escape to Ozz while his passport was with the Sharjah Courts ?
To answer one of The Dean's question about 'cash withdrawal'. All you need is an accomplice perhaps like a family member working in the account department ? My recollection is it was the case at some stage but could not confirm it was still the case recently....Food for thought.

Last edited by fjcruiser; Sep 6th 2012 at 1:18 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe he was able to 'cash' two cheques that were made payable to the school.......... I also can't believe he was able to withdraw cash from a school bank account with only his signature as authorisation.........
aren't all cheques here to the 'bearer'?
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:18 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

I believe JPS (and possibly some fo the other GEMS schools?) have facilities for children with additional educational needs.

Unfortunately, as many schools in Dubai strive to attain 'outstanding' from KHDA they can tend to be very selective.

I would try smaller schools like Uptown Mirdiff, Wellington Primary and Horizon, maybe the new Star schools.

I don't know how sever your child's autism is, but I know of someone at Wellington who is employed as a Personal Learning assistant to a child with Autism in FS2.

You will probably find that some schools will charge extra fees for additional support for your child.

Good luck with your search. I would also go onto www.expatwoman.com to see if you can find anything there or get more advice.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

cheques were made payable to St Andrews not to CR in person. So the cheques would have gone into St Andrews bank account not CR's personal bank account. If CR was the only authorised signature perhaps he could withdraw the whole lot at once.It seems strange as he would have had to have a sponsor for the business but perhaps the sponsor was just a sleeping partner and did not have an authorised signature. Who knows. The issue now is the guy is in Ozz and I do not believe there are any extradition treaties with Dubai. It will be difficult to recoup money unless there are other debts and the bank uses a debt collection agency to get the money back. And generally there is no money to go back to anyway hence why the guy absconded in the first place.Sad story.Total loss for parents and any victims of his greed.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Millhouse
aren't all cheques here to the 'bearer'?
I've never seen or signed one like that............
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen or signed one like that............
I'm pretty certain that all my HSBC cheques are crossed 'to the bearer'. I've always thought it odd.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:13 pm