Reload this Page >

UK couple looking to move to Dubai

UK couple looking to move to Dubai

Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

kgroonie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK couple looking to move to Dubai

Hi folks,

We are a coouple from the UK looking to move to Dubai, only thing that is worrying is the fact of not having work when we go. I know a lot of companies wont touch you if you are not already in the country. Im from an agricultural background in agrichemical sales etc and looking to move into the oil industry , either in sales or actual hands on work. I know they employ a lot of cheap labour there so may be a stumbling block. My wife has vast experience in admin and secreterial work . Can anyone out there help us?!!

Look forward to hearing from you guys

Thanks
Kevin
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK couple looking to move to Dubai

Without having a permanent job between the pair of you, how do you expect to be allowed to live here? Why not try Spain or Portugal?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:01 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kgroonie
Hi folks,

We are a coouple from the UK looking to move to Dubai, only thing that is worrying is the fact of not having work when we go. I know a lot of companies wont touch you if you are not already in the country. Im from an agricultural background in agrichemical sales etc and looking to move into the oil industry , either in sales or actual hands on work. I know they employ a lot of cheap labour there so may be a stumbling block. My wife has vast experience in admin and secreterial work . Can anyone out there help us?!!

Look forward to hearing from you guys

Thanks
Kevin
It's possible to come out with no jobs and look, we did it - that said it's not advisable for everyone...

Have you visited Dubai before? Do you have contacts in the area you want to be employed?

Can one of you come out for a 10 day "fact finding" have some interviews first etc...?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of oil & gas job sites:

oilandgasjobsearch

rigzone

to name just a couple....let google be your friend
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Do you somewhere to stay when you arrive? family here or something?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

another roonie coming to Dubai !!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

ha ha not as greedy as him though lol
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Autonomy
It's possible to come out with no jobs and look, we did it - that said it's not advisable for everyone...

Have you visited Dubai before? Do you have contacts in the area you want to be employed?

Can one of you come out for a 10 day "fact finding" have some interviews first etc...?
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, we are actually just back form there as we were at my cousins wedding so we never had time to get interviews, but yes we would be able to come out asap for interviews. Do you work in the Oil and gas?

Thanks
Kevin
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:26 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, we are actually just back form there as we were at my cousins wedding so we never had time to get interviews, but yes we would be able to come out asap for interviews. Do you work in the Oil and gas?

Thanks
Kevin
if you can gain free accomodation until you find a job then why not try, but we are still in recession and redundancies are still being made. It's not cheap to live here.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Yeah we are thinking about it, what do you do out there?

Thanks
Kevin
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Yeah we are thinking about it, what do you do out there?

Thanks
Kevin
nothing I am a lady of leisure, my husband is an Engineer though
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks for the info, would he be able to help at all with job hunting at his work ?

Thanks
Kevin
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Oil & Gas related is one of the biggest employers out here. If you're a good sales person you shouldn't have much difficulty in getting a job.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:35 pm
Concierge

Ok thanks for the info, would he be able to help at all with job hunting at his work ?

Thanks
Kevin
you can e mail me your cv and I can ask him but I doubt it, we struggled to get this job as it is and we have been here 14 years
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Oil & Gas related is one of the biggest employers out here. If you're a good sales person you shouldn't have much difficulty in getting a job.
Hi there, yes I think I am, do you work in this sector? Unfortunately I work in a total different industry but im wanting to change onto the Oil and Gas

Thanks
Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.