Reload this Page >

UAE - Working remotely for U.K. company

UAE - Working remotely for U.K. company

Old Mar 15th 2024, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Rossi624 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UAE - Working remotely for U.K. company

Hi all,

I am after some info on my situation in regards to living in the UAE and working for my U.K. company remotely. (Company is completely fine with it)

I am sponsored through my wife and have my EID. I want to stay on with U.K. company. I’ll be paid in my U.K. account.
Do I need a visa to work like this? I can’t find much online. My sponsorship says I can’t work.

Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2024, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE - Working remotely for U.K. company

Originally Posted by Rossi624
Hi all,

I am after some info on my situation in regards to living in the UAE and working for my U.K. company remotely. (Company is completely fine with it)

I am sponsored through my wife and have my EID. I want to stay on with U.K. company. I’ll be paid in my U.K. account.
Do I need a visa to work like this? I can’t find much online. My sponsorship says I can’t work.

Thanks
If you are formally working for a UK company then yes officially you need a visa to work remotely (Same scenario on the other forum you posted). It’s also possible the UK company may want to see you are working legally, also consider HMRC. It seems that you want someone to tell you that you don’t need to bother. The reality is the choice is yours, it’s probably a small chance of getting caught but if you do then the consequences may well be a fine and/or possibly your existing visa cancellation, are you are happy to take that risk ?
Old Mar 18th 2024, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Rossi624 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKMS
If you are formally working for a UK company then yes officially you need a visa to work remotely (Same scenario on the other forum you posted). It’s also possible the UK company may want to see you are working legally, also consider HMRC. It seems that you want someone to tell you that you don’t need to bother. The reality is the choice is yours, it’s probably a small chance of getting caught but if you do then the consequences may well be a fine and/or possibly your existing visa cancellation, are you are happy to take that risk ?
What risk are you talking about? I am simply asking for help or similar experiences to find out what people have done in my situation. It isn’t clear cut online and i am seeking info.
No where have I said I don’t want one. I haven’t got a network to lean on so I asked on a couple of forums to see. I’m finding out what I need to do.

you helped with 2 scenarios in the other post, this one you’ve gone the other way, so kindly do not respond if you have nothing useful to say

Old Mar 18th 2024, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi624
What risk are you talking about? I am simply asking for help or similar experiences to find out what people have done in my situation. It isn’t clear cut online and i am seeking info.
No where have I said I don’t want one. I haven’t got a network to lean on so I asked on a couple of forums to see. I’m finding out what I need to do.

you helped with 2 scenarios in the other post, this one you’ve gone the other way, so kindly do not respond if you have nothing useful to say
The small risk of consequences of working remotely without the appropriate visa. As I’ve said before many people do it and the risk of getting caught is small but nevertheless less a risk.

It seems clearcut online if you read the UAE government website, it says you should have a visa to work remotely. You have said yourself that your visa clearly says you shouldn’t work, what more clarity do you want ?

Many spouses work here (usually part time or casually) while sponsored by spouses but this is most usually for local companies and there is a process for dealing with this.

Have you taken advice from the Immigration authorities here ? Perhaps that will give you the clear answer you seek.