UAE salary thread

Old Feb 27th 2024, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE salary thread

Originally Posted by Ilovegregggs
Interesting on the grocery front, it was a stab in the dark. Currently paying 10 quid for a tube of toothpaste in KSA, guess it's not that different in the UAE. Derived the number from a fairly basic weekly shop..anemic seemingly. Thanks for the input.

Good to get some updates related to the UAE and not just Saudi.
To be fair we'd probably reduce our groceries bill by 30% if my other half stopped using Spinneys and Waitrose.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Discovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond repute

I've crunched some numbers this evening as I was approached for a job in AD also, and I keep on coming to the princely sum of just about 40k monthly expenditure (family of 4) with kids in primary school. Al Raha looks a bit rundown, but the houses seemed quite spacious and I came across some chatter about the place - close to where I'd possibly be working also. If a package includes housing, car allowance, and school fees this would be a lot lower. Numbers are what I managed to deduce from previous posts on here and what I found elsewhere on the internet. Perhaps someone in AD might be able to verify how realistic the figures are.

That figure consists of the following monthly outgoings:
2 cars (a Hyundai kona & VW tiguan) - 6000
4 bed villa with a pool in Al Raha - 17500
utility bills - 3500
internet/tv package - 500
mobile phone - 500
School (BSAK/RIS) - 9200
Groceries - 3500
All seems reasonable, but you need to budget for fun, kids expenses, beers and whores....then savings.

Originally Posted by csdf
To be fair we'd probably reduce our groceries bill by 30% if my other half stopped using Spinneys and Waitrose.
I'm with your other half, one look at the funny looking Brazilian meat in Carrefour and it's straight back to Waitrose.
Old Feb 29th 2024, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Discovery Bullet
All seems reasonable, but you need to budget for fun, kids expenses, beers and whores....then savings.
of course, just needed to look at the basics first. Quite a bizarre time with salaries in my field atm.
Old Feb 29th 2024, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Discovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond repute

of course, just needed to look at the basics first. Quite a bizarre time with salaries in my field atm.
What's your field?
Bizarre good or bad?

The race to the bottom in the UAE is insane at the moment. People posting jobs for buttons and getting so much interest. The desire to be here seems to outweigh sense for a lot of folks.
Old Mar 5th 2024, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Discovery Bullet
What's your field?
Bizarre good or bad?

The race to the bottom in the UAE is insane at the moment. People posting jobs for buttons and getting so much interest. The desire to be here seems to outweigh sense for a lot of folks.
urban planning/design.
This is what I'm seeing also. Currently I've got a pretty good package, but in the UAE it seems to be about a 50% reduction for a horizontal move, needing to find a director level position to come close. Though some hope on client side to not quite match, but not as serious a reduction as a consultancy role. One I'm ok with given the improvement to quality of life from rural Saudi Arabia..
Old Mar 11th 2024, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

urban planning/design.
This is what I'm seeing also. Currently I've got a pretty good package, but in the UAE it seems to be about a 50% reduction for a horizontal move, needing to find a director level position to come close. Though some hope on client side to not quite match, but not as serious a reduction as a consultancy role. One I'm ok with given the improvement to quality of life from rural Saudi Arabia..
How rural are you? Up in the North West?

Saudi to UAE is a tricky one, used to command a nice increase going the other way, but people never liked the decrease to come back to Dubai. Maybe some of the bigger boys like your Aecoms etc are worth looking at? Atkins have a lot here, or whatever they're called now.