Reload this Page >

Getting documents legalised in qatar embassy in london

Getting documents legalised in qatar embassy in london

Old Feb 9th 2024, 6:45 am
Just Joined

sabyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting documents legalised in qatar embassy in london

Hi there

i need to get my marriage cert and ACRO legalised by the qatar embassy in London. From the Uk.gov site it says only original certs are acceptable for these documents. I have sent them off to the Fcdo and now want to send them to the embassy. However, on the Qatar Embassy website it says that the document must be certified first by a solicitor. We did approach a solicitor before the FCDO and he said he can’t certify an original document, which sounds about right. Appreciate any advise or feedback about this

Regards
sabrina
Old Feb 9th 2024, 7:17 am
Just Joined

OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting documents legalised in qatar embassy in london

It may be worth sending a certified copy along with the original. I always get copies certified to avoid having stamps on the original. I thought the whole purpose of the solicitor's stamp was to indicate that they have viewed the original and certify that the copy is identical to it. If the original document is being sent, why would you need a solicitor's stamp?
Old Feb 9th 2024, 10:47 am
Just Joined

My thoughts exactly! Thanks for the feedback

regards
sabrina
Old Mar 9th 2024, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

I had to do similar at the UAE embassy in London. I got colour copies of my certificates made on lightweight card, got a local solicitor to certify/stamp/sign the copies, then used the copies in the embassy.
Old Mar 12th 2024, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Standanista
I had to do similar at the UAE embassy in London. I got colour copies of my certificates made on lightweight card, got a local solicitor to certify/stamp/sign the copies, then used the copies in the embassy.

thank you for the feedback. I actually already sent the originals and got them back very quickly