UAE Drink Driving

Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:10 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UAE Drink Driving

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
That there r,,,,,, I taunt them with shouts of chicken or beef every morning on the walk to work.......they r always non plussed but too knackered to give any grief.......sweaty licra....nothing like it................

well hello there! hows it going?

u like the new pub, The Leaky Dhow?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:00 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walkebab
Just a quick one - if you consume alcohol of any kind, I assume driving must be out for that day, and maybe the next, given the limits are ZERO ? How does anyone ever manage to have a beer or two, legally, and then get to work the next day....
I drink a beer or glass of wine almost daily with my evening meal so I would be over the limit no matter when I was tested.

I tend to drink more at the weekends but I never use my car then so I think I would be able to avoid being someone's 'puupy' for three months before deportation.

Zero tolerance is a little bit ludicrous really - you would have to wait around 48-72 hours between drinking and driving.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:07 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I drink a beer or glass of wine almost daily with my evening meal so I would be over the limit no matter when I was tested.

I tend to drink more at the weekends but I never use my car then so I think I would be able to avoid being someone's 'puupy' for three months before deportation.

Zero tolerance is a little bit ludicrous really - you would have to wait around 48-72 hours between drinking and driving.

I agree Norm and in fact i feel worse the day after than i do at the time if I have been out drinking....the next morning not only am I still under the influence I am also knackered and hungover as well.....does that make sense???? NOT
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I agree Norm and in fact i feel worse the day after than i do at the time if I have been out drinking....the next morning not only am I still under the influence I am also knackered and hungover as well.....does that make sense???? NOT
You could always drink half pints of shandy to avoid the after effects - might not do much in the coolness dept though....
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:40 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

As long as I'm not dangerous, I'll be drinking and driving, if i can't control myself, I'll take a cab.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:28 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
As long as I'm not dangerous, I'll be drinking and driving, if i can't control myself, I'll take a cab.
Im gonna be good...I like it here..so ill cab it
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:51 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I'll pick you up neighbour

Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Drinking and driving is a lot like unprotected sex. Everything is fine until the day you catch (or hit in a car's case) something. Until that day any problems are only something that happen to other people.

Regardless of the actual percentage here or anywhere, the possibility of killing or injuring some innocent bystander (no to mention myself) because I 'felt' clear headed enough to drive is something I won't entertain. But then, I've been on crutches for a month after being 'clipped' by someone who 'thought' he was in control of his car as so I have a different perspective on drinking and driving.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:28 am
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Drinking and driving is a lot like unprotected sex. Everything is fine until the day you catch (or hit in a car's case) something. Until that day any problems are only something that happen to other people.

Regardless of the actual percentage here or anywhere, the possibility of killing or injuring some innocent bystander (no to mention myself) because I 'felt' clear headed enough to drive is something I won't entertain. But then, I've been on crutches for a month after being 'clipped' by someone who 'thought' he was in control of his car as so I have a different perspective on drinking and driving.
Got your Hint