Reload this Page >

Job Offer in Dubai

Job Offer in Dubai

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Tartanman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer in Dubai

Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Dubai and am currently considering accepting it.
Got a few questions/concerns.

I'll be moving from Scotland on my own and it'll be the first time I've worked overseas. Was wondering what the expat community was like there. How easy is it to fit in?

What is the attitude towards Expats from locals?

What type of accomodation can I expect?

I'm quite sporty, can anyone explain what the gyms/sports clubs are like?

Any other infor or fact that might come in useful to someone who thinking of moving there.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:38 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Job Offer in Dubai

Welcome Tartanman

I'm sure you will get the help u r lloking for
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:56 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job Offer in Dubai

Originally Posted by Tartanman
Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Dubai and am currently considering accepting it.
Got a few questions/concerns.

I'll be moving from Scotland on my own and it'll be the first time I've worked overseas. Was wondering what the expat community was like there. How easy is it to fit in?

What is the attitude towards Expats from locals?

What type of accomodation can I expect?

I'm quite sporty, can anyone explain what the gyms/sports clubs are like?

Any other infor or fact that might come in useful to someone who thinking of moving there.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Hello Tartan. Welcome to the forum.

As a very, very long term resident of Dubai (who is temporarily in London), I can assure u that Dubai has an EXCELLENT expat community... just FYI, there are over 100, 000 British expats living and working in the United Arab Emirates.

As for the locals, they are friendly and have a very care free attitude towards expats..... infact, they get along quite well and there are never any major hassles, none that I can even ever think of.

Accomodation...... hmmmm........ ur employer will provide u with a housing allowance and then it will be up2 u to find somewhere that suits ur budget. Housing is superb and the facilities are fantastic.

Sports..... hmmmmmmm...... Dubai has 6 Golf courses and counting, there is a rugby fiel, an autodrom, 2 ski domes that are to open shortly and a multitude of gyms, health clubs and spas. And besides that, u have the entire arabian urself for all sorts of water sports.

I hope that has helped with some of ur q's. If u need any further info, I wud highly recommend the FAQ sections or if that doesnt help, feel free to drop me a PM (Private Message) or an e-mail (which u can find in my profile).

Enjoy the site!