Reload this Page >

UAE cost of living

UAE cost of living

Old May 6th 2023, 7:08 am
Just Joined

brianglasgow11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UAE cost of living

Hello,

Looking to get an idea on cost of living for a family of 3 in Abu Dhabi to cover groceries, utilities, fuel, clothes, eating out once a week.

Excluding school fees, housing, insurance, cars and flights home as these are covered.

Thanks
Old May 6th 2023, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE cost of living

Originally Posted by brianglasgow11
Hello,

Looking to get an idea on cost of living for a family of 3 in Abu Dhabi to cover groceries, utilities, fuel, clothes, eating out once a week.

Excluding school fees, housing, insurance, cars and flights home as these are covered.

Thanks
Hi

There are plenty of threads on this topic if you have a dig through there is lots of good info but you will need to give a little more information to get some meaningful answers.

What is the make up of the family 2 adults and ?

What type of property for utilities (2 bed apartment or 4 bed villa ?) cost of utilities will be very different.

Fuel - How far will you be driving ?

Clothes - what do you buy, where do you shop and how often ?

If you are making moving calculations there are other things to factor, particularly set up costs when you arrive, deposits for utilities, deposits and security for housing (not always covered by companies) Out of school activities, does your education allowance cover all fees or a percentage ? Tax obligations in UK particularly in the first year. Etc

Old May 6th 2023, 8:24 am
Just Joined

brianglasgow11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks for feedback.

Family make up is 2 adults + 1 child aged 9.

Car wise we run the one car, mid sized SUV. School still tbc but looking at a journey of 35 mins each morning for work/school and similar on the way back.

Accommodation wise undecided if a 3 bed townhouse or 3 bed apartment.

Clothing wise, maybe Zara or order from back home.

The company provide a generous relocation allowance. With this, along with some personal savings, that should cover buying a car and paying security deposits.

Ideally looking for an idea of monthly living costs to determine if I can same any money or not.

There’s been some previous threads on cost of living but they seem outdated. Could I DM you?

Thanks,

Last edited by brianglasgow11; May 6th 2023 at 8:42 am.
Old May 6th 2023, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brianglasgow11
Hi and thanks for feedback.

Family make up is 2 adults + 1 child aged 9.

Car wise we run the one car, mid sized SUV. School still tbc but looking at a journey of 35 mins each morning for work/school and similar on the way back.

Accommodation wise undecided if a 3 bed townhouse or 3 bed apartment.

Clothing wise, maybe Zara or order from back home.

The company provide a generous relocation allowance. With this, along with some personal savings, that should cover buying a car and paying security deposits.

Ideally looking for an idea of monthly living costs to determine if I can same any money or not.

There’s been some previous threads on cost of living but they seem outdated. Could I DM you?

Thanks,
Ive sent you a DM.
Old May 11th 2023, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Choongo is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if it is convenient to send my daughter to Bisad and work at Adnoc HQ? Preferably live somewhere between the school and work
Old May 12th 2023, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

It's not ideal. If you're working at ADNOC and want a British school it would be much better to live on island and pick an on-island school too.
Old May 12th 2023, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Default Good On Island Schools

Thank you, any idea of the three outstanding island schools please?
Old May 14th 2023, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I can only give you opinions on BSAK where my kids go - what do you want to know? In terms of academic achievement, I think BSAK, Cranleigh and Brighton College are largely similar. BSAK is more British in terms of school population, Cranleigh and Brighton more international.
Old May 14th 2023, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, I will apply to BSAK so that I can potentially be closer to work. I appreciate your steer on this.

choongo