Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transferring salary from UAE to UK?

Transferring salary from UAE to UK?

Old Dec 5th 2023, 10:38 am
Just Joined

mike_L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring salary from UAE to UK?

I'm in the UK and working freelance for a company in Dubai. What's the best way to receive my monthly fee? It would be about £3500 / month

There's Revolut, Currency Fair, Xe, Western Union and many others. What are people's experience with them? I'm having difficulty figuring out the pros and cons of each...

With Revolut, there's a 'Currency Exchange amount with no additional fees' - but I'd need to have Premium (£7.99/month) because I'm over the £3000/month limit. Would that be worth it? I would speak to someone at Revolut and ask but you have to sign up first.

I hope this is the correct place to post this question
Old Dec 5th 2023, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring salary from UAE to UK?

Originally Posted by mike_L
I'm in the UK and working freelance for a company in Dubai. What's the best way to receive my monthly fee? It would be about £3500 / month

There's Revolut, Currency Fair, Xe, Western Union and many others. What are people's experience with them? I'm having difficulty figuring out the pros and cons of each...

With Revolut, there's a 'Currency Exchange amount with no additional fees' - but I'd need to have Premium (£7.99/month) because I'm over the £3000/month limit. Would that be worth it? I would speak to someone at Revolut and ask but you have to sign up first.

Some what depends whether they will need to pay into a UAE account first ? ..... I use Revolut a fair bit to move money back to the UK but with Revolut you dont get a UAE account to receive UAE funds ? I also use Wise but the same thing applies.
Old Dec 6th 2023, 7:44 am
Just Joined

mike_L is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I went with Revolut Premium plan as that doesn't have additional transfer fees if I were to receive over £1000. Both the Standard (free) and Plus (£3.99) plans for Revolut had additional fees.
Old Dec 11th 2023, 10:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike_L

Revolut seems to be a popular one, but depending on how exactly you're being paid you might consider checking out TorFx and GC Partners as well. I have used both (and recommend them to clients without issue) and find the personalised service helps them stand out - no commissions or additional fees either.

N.
Old Jan 6th 2024, 12:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't come here often these day so missed this.

Who you use matters as you want the highest levels of security as well as great rates and good service. Some of those mentioned above have legal and compliance issues. I recommend a particular company to all my clients, one that I have used personally for 17 years.

<<<snip>>>

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 6th 2024 at 1:34 pm. Reason: Site Rule #9 - Advertising is not allowed