Consent to Let in UK (Halifax)

Consent to Let in UK (Halifax)

Old Dec 4th 2023, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Mittdee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Consent to Let in UK (Halifax)

Hello Friends,

Good day.
Need some experience from friends here. I have let my home out since last 3 years and have consent to let from lender Halifax. I have Fixed rate mortgage until Apr 2025, so can I apply for extension of consent to let for another year as I am currently working in middle east?
So far consent to let has been free from Halifax, not sure if this is still the case?
I opted for 5 years fixed rate & I was told the consent to let is generally provided for the fixed team.
Any experience / suggestions welcome
regards
MD
Old Jan 6th 2024, 12:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consent to Let in UK (Halifax)

Have you asked Halifax???

Only the bank can tell you the facts.
Old Jan 7th 2024, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Hiten Ganatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Consent to Let in UK (Halifax)

Hi Mittdee,

The consent to let will typically be valid for the duration of the product. When you come to renew the product in April 2025 and if the property is still let then Halifax is likely to not offer you a product transfer and will require you to switch the product onto a BTL.

It is worth mentioning that Halifax only lend on residential/owner occupied properties.

Switching to a BTL shouldnt be a problem as there are over 40 lenders available to UK expat borrowers.