Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

toothache- dentists?

toothache- dentists?

Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: toothache- dentists?

Originally Posted by saudiflares
similar tip but in the capital...any recommendations for dentists in Abu Dhabi?
colum boyce british dental clinic, my oldest boy was terrified of anyone in white coats etc, colum is brill and now my boy is fine and he has even had a few root canals with injections and didnt even know he was having one at the time
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Not Column the butcher?

I watched my secretary spend loads there (fillings, extractions, cleaning etc).

My wife went and he did a filling - didn't do a good job either and she was in a lot of pain after. She, foolishly, went back only for him to redo the filling and he discovered the need for a few more (without seeking permission he just went ahead and did them and handed over a large bill at the end).

Now my turn. I have never had any work done and have been told by several dentists that I have very good teeth and shouldn't ever need any work. I went just for a clean (which he did as his hygienist has left). He was desperate to remove my wisdom tooth and tried to tell me all the problems it was causing (which is clearly isn't).

He's been here years and has a good reputation but in my view he just creates work for himself. Not forgetting the desire to X-ray me every time I go (at cost).
i strongly disagree he shouldnt need to xray you each time, and if he is then havent you got a voice inside your head to question why he thinks there is the need. he isnt the cheapest but he does do a good job and other people who have gone to other people have come back to the conclusion that you get what you pay for.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Sounds the same. Wanted to do it under local, despite my protestations that local aneasthetic doesn't work too well on me (could feel all of my snip snip job, and the surgeon in a teaching hospital in Japan said he'd never put so much local into anyone before, and I could still feel what was going on), and I really didn't feel up to having part of my lower jaw bone removed while still awake and sensate.
i had to have my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, colum wouldnt do it so i was sent to a dr sheikh who did it at al noor under a general, this is because they tried to take all of the 4 out back in uk hospital and failed miserably......
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm scared! Have a feeling my dentist in the UK has done a hack job on this tooth already! feeling sick at the thought of having it pulled out or something- I want my mum!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I'm scared! Have a feeling my dentist in the UK has done a hack job on this tooth already! feeling sick at the thought of having it pulled out or something- I want my mum!
oh Kitty you will be fine, honestly x
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kittycat1
if you wanted to come down to ab dabs i would hold your hand for you at bdc. i do find that once you become familiar with certain places they do look after you, rather than swapping and changing all the time. i have had many problems occuring swapping from shamil to elife, but go back to the same ladies in an outlying office and we have now hopefully come to a conclusion on all the problems, unlike a lot of other people who have done it at a different office
Old Sep 26th 2011, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I used to know a Mr Drinkwater who worked for Thames Water.
... and I think I have just met him.