Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying a car..

Thinking of buying a car..

Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:26 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thinking of buying a car..

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Yes, 90% of expats who bugger off just dump their cars at the airport.
they end up here and you can get an absolute bargain!!
Jammy,

where is this car graveyard situated?? think we need to go and take a look.

Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:31 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenb2
Jammy,

where is this car graveyard situated?? think we need to go and take a look.

Thanks
Head out from Defence roundabout or trade centre roundabout toward Hatta/Oman, then follow the signs for Ras Al Khor.
As you get toward RAKhor, you will see signs for the Used car centre, follow those signs....viola...thousands of cars...most of them dumped in the middle of the desert...but the good ones will be in the auction house or showrooms there.

Face....can you provide more concise directions for me ??!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:37 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Head out from Defence roundabout or trade centre roundabout toward Hatta/Oman, then follow the signs for Ras Al Khor.
As you get toward RAKhor, you will see signs for the Used car centre, follow those signs....viola...thousands of cars...most of them dumped in the middle of the desert...but the good ones will be in the auction house or showrooms there.

Face....can you provide more concise directions for me ??!
Thanks Jammy.

We need to buy a second hand car but keep putting it off. Will see if hubby knows where it is. (Unless Face comes back with concise directions.)
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:41 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenb2
Thanks Jammy.

We need to buy a second hand car but keep putting it off. Will see if hubby knows where it is. (Unless Face comes back with concise directions.)
No worries, if not I can drive u and hubby up there. I need to take a mate up there anyway.