Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying a car..

Thinking of buying a car..

Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Thinking of buying a car..

Any suggestions?

I don't like 4*4 and no station wagons please...
has to be manual
Need 4 doors...
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:58 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of buying a car..

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Any suggestions?

has to be manual
Need 4 doors...
If you want a bargain...go to Ras Al Khor.
Me and Steve are going next Sat if you want a lift
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
If you want a bargain...go to Ras Al Khor.
Me and Steve are going next Sat if you want a lift
What is that place?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:22 am
Banned

Robynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant future

What is that place?
Not sure of your preferences but I drive a Xa, manual. I love it!!! I drive hubby's 4x4 now and again and I feel like I am driving a tank. The Xa is quite comfie, plenty of room, my daughter loves it and so does hubby. Has enough power to get you out of trouble but no so fast that it is dangerous. Service and maintenance really reasonable. Last service cost Dh180. If you want to finance repayments are really good.

I have to admit that if I go back home having to leave my car I will cry big tears My brother drives a golf and my sister-in-law drives an echo. Test drove a lot of cars before purchasing the Xa and nothing really took my fancy like the Xa.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:22 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

What is that place?
Its the car graveyard......Ras Al Khor.

10's of thousands of cars, mostly second hand, all budgets all models. it takes a full day just to walk round it
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robynlyn
Not sure of your preferences but I drive a Xa, manual. I love it!!! I drive hubby's 4x4 now and again and I feel like I am driving a tank. The Xa is quite comfie, plenty of room, my daughter loves it and so does hubby. Has enough power to get you out of trouble but no so fast that it is dangerous. Service and maintenance really reasonable. Last service cost Dh180. If you want to finance repayments are really good.

I have to admit that if I go back home having to leave my car I will cry big tears My brother drives a golf and my sister-in-law drives an echo. Test drove a lot of cars before purchasing the Xa and nothing really took my fancy like the Xa.
Will check it out..sounds interesting..same feeling with 4*4s can't stand it!!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Its the car graveyard......Ras Al Khor.

10's of thousands of cars, mostly second hand, all budgets all models. it takes a full day just to walk round it
Ok!! As soon as all paper work is done, I'll be there
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:29 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

a Mini!! Nice car indeed

what r u looking 4? power?luxury?speed?economy? and whats your budget?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Jammy_Dodgers]Its the car graveyard......Ras Al Khor.

10's of thousands of cars, mostly second hand, all budgets all models. it takes a full day just to walk round it[/QUOTE

Hi,
Is this the one where the car auctions (the ones impounded by Banks) take place? I heard you can get them dirt cheap and at a bargain. If anyone's interested, I could try and get more details.

Anya
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:36 am
Up in the air

Yes, 90% of expats who bugger off just dump their cars at the airport.
they end up here and you can get an absolute bargain!!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:58 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Any suggestions?

has to be manual
Need 4 doors...
interesting specs........... a manual? do they still make those?

LOL.......... only joking............ JD, JC and Shiva introduced me to the joys of my steptronic gear....... I love it! .......... get a steptronic......... that way u have the option of either or.

Get a ............. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. non 4X4........ hmmmmmmmm.........

thats a tuff 1........ Ford have some interesting cars........ so do Nissan and Mazda......... BMW or Merc maybe? hmmmmmmmm

How about a 3 wheeled car like they have here in the UK....... laugh every time I c one. LOL

Happy car hunting!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:11 pm
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

Have to agree with Nabs -- get a mini! They are small, fast & fun Not the sensible economic type though....

I'll check the local Choitram-board and see if there's anything on there...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jamila
Have to agree with Nabs -- get a mini! They are small, fast & fun Not the sensible economic type though....

I'll check the local Choitram-board and see if there's anything on there...

Hi Jamila!

Mini is too small!! need place for car seat and...shopping!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

My friend has a Mercedes C something and they are quite spacious and good value for money
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jamila!

Mini is too small!! need place for car seat and...shopping!!
My favourite car ever was my Mini Cooper - the old style. You can get more shopping in the boot than you would believe! Still miss it. Still dream of it sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.