Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Telco Expert - Help a friend?

Telco Expert - Help a friend?

Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

LostInBahrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telco Expert - Help a friend?

Friend of mine has just been let go from what was a very promising mobile VOIP start-up here in blighty after 4 years, he was initially on the IT side of things and managed several projects and then moved over to become a sales director. Unfortunately the company has taken a turn for the worse and he has become road kill for the Celtic Tiger....

If anyone has any contacts for such a great fella let me know, it is not my area of expertise but I know he would love to move out to the Gulf so any comments or leads would be greatly appreciated....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telco Expert - Help a friend?

Du and Etisalat?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

the major issue here is that across a lot of the region VoIP is still illegal or heavily restricted. That's not to say of course that du and Etisalat aren't looking at voIP but they won't like tlaking about it or advertising the fact they are to the outside world. Bahrain has a fairly progressive TRA it's most likely he'll have luck looking there.

Consumer VoIP has the potential to slaughter the revenues of international calls , and so the operators aren't too keen on enocuraging it's use.

Take alook here for some companies involved in the sector in the region. http://www.terrapinn.com/2008/voipme/

A lot of the region's VoiIP companies are pretty small and a bit off googloing around the companies' URLs usually proves productive in sourcing names to contact
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

LostInBahrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cypselos
the major issue here is that across a lot of the region VoIP is still illegal or heavily restricted. That's not to say of course that du and Etisalat aren't looking at voIP but they won't like tlaking about it or advertising the fact they are to the outside world. Bahrain has a fairly progressive TRA it's most likely he'll have luck looking there.

Consumer VoIP has the potential to slaughter the revenues of international calls , and so the operators aren't too keen on enocuraging it's use.

Take alook here for some companies involved in the sector in the region. http://www.terrapinn.com/2008/voipme/

A lot of the region's VoiIP companies are pretty small and a bit off googloing around the companies' URLs usually proves productive in sourcing names to contact
Thanks for the all the info, it does not neccessarily have to be VOIP, telco consulting job or PM role would be suitable as well.....

I think he has certainly done the above already so lets hope something comes up...