Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Teachers.....your input pse..

Teachers.....your input pse..

Old May 27th 2012, 3:51 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teachers.....your input pse..

I know, i know..use the search facility etc etc..

Im asking on behalf of an old mate who has contacted me. He has an interview for a school called Chuoeifat.

Never heard of it myself...anyone..

He was also asking what the rough salary will be..He is a maths teacher.

cheers for any abuse, advice, piss taking or general ignoring in advance
Old May 27th 2012, 4:06 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teachers.....your input pse..

Originally Posted by commander

Im asking on behalf of an old mate who has contacted me. He has an interview for a school called Chuoeifat.

My friend who is a maths teacher at the Australian School in Sharjah is on a package of around 14k (she gets 10,500AED cash, with the other 3,500 going on accommodation).

No idea if it's more in Dubai. And Choeuifat is between 331rd Road (Jumeirah Beach road end of Hessa Street) and Dubai Internet City (the TECOM end).
Old May 27th 2012, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Hi,
Although I have never worked in a Chuoeifat school, they are known in the middle east as being awful places to work. The teacher is allowed no independent thinking, every Chuoeifat school in the gulf is on the same page on the same day. Lots of testing. The salary, from what I understand will be about 10000AED. Tell him to do a search on the TES teaching overseas forum, searching for chewwyfat, as schools are not allowed to be named on that forum. I do know people that have worked at the one in Dubai, so could come back tomorrow with more information.

If he is 22 and straight out of uni, then he could be okay, it is also likely to be shared accommodation.

Last edited by winter; May 27th 2012 at 4:14 pm. Reason: an after thought
Old May 27th 2012, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear you havent heard of Chouefiat teachers do not need to be qualified in subject as long as you have a degree, but it also depends on where you come from as to how much salary you will get. the teachers are not allowed to talk to the parents. they are taught by rote and they test them every week to pass the exams even from the youngest age, they do not do "whole child" there isnt much sport or anything like that. the fees are much less than a brit curriculum so dont think salaries will be on par with them.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:17 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
oh dear you havent heard of Chouefiat
I know. The closest I have seen is a building near Al Raha gardens called Choufanny. It makes me giggle every friday when I run past it.

Thanks for the info though, my favouritest bestest poster.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:19 pm
banned

Originally Posted by winter
Hi,
Although I have never worked in a Chuoeifat school, they are known in the middle east as being awful places to work. The teacher is allowed no independent thinking, every Chuoeifat school in the gulf is on the same page on the same day. Lots of testing. The salary, from what I understand will be about 10000AED. Tell him to do a search on the TES teaching overseas forum, searching for chewwyfat, as schools are not allowed to be named on that forum. I do know people that have worked at the one in Dubai, so could come back tomorrow with more information.

If he is 22 and straight out of uni, then he could be okay, it is also likely to be shared accommodation.
Thanks, ill pass on the TES info to him. No he is not straight out of uni. He has been teaching overseas in Tailand and Taiwan amongst other places.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:23 pm
banned

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
My friend who is a maths teacher at the Australian School in Sharjah is on a package of around 14k (she gets 10,500AED cash, with the other 3,500 going on accommodation).

No idea if it's more in Dubai. And Choeuifat is between 331rd Road (Jumeirah Beach road end of Hessa Street) and Dubai Internet City (the TECOM end).
Thanks for the info. Appreciated
Old May 27th 2012, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I know. The closest I have seen is a building near Al Raha gardens called Choufanny. It makes me giggle every friday when I run past it.

Thanks for the info though, my favouritest bestest poster.
LOL. Choufiat is the building on roundabout 15th in kca. just between post office and pink shops etc.

choufiat in town is on 15th near to cafe arabia close to st andrews/bsak.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

a friend of mine who has a degree in special needs or something like that but is british was going to be paid 3 times the salary of someone who came from the phillipines but didnt have a degree, but she was an artist.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Thanks, ill pass on the TES info to him. No he is not straight out of uni. He has been teaching overseas in Tailand and Taiwan amongst other places.

I am always looking out for good maths teachers, I am an HOD at a good school in Dubai. We don't have any vacancies for this year, but could have some next year. CV's are always welcome.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:44 pm
banned

a friend of mine who has a degree in special needs or something like that but is british was going to be paid 3 times the salary of someone who came from the phillipines but didnt have a degree, but she was an artist.
Wtf??
Old May 27th 2012, 4:46 pm
banned

LOL. Choufiat is the building on roundabout 15th in kca. just between post office and pink shops etc.

choufiat in town is on 15th near to cafe arabia close to st andrews/bsak.
Interesting, but I am referring to the building called choufani on the main road that runs parallel to ARG.

Anyway, its not even funny. Well not now that I've had to explain it again..
Old May 27th 2012, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Interesting, but I am referring to the building called choufani on the main road that runs parallel to ARG.

Anyway, its not even funny. Well not now that I've had to explain it again..
yeh you are talking about raha beach i was locating the school building for you in kca.
Old May 27th 2012, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

... and there we go. You were doing so well too.
Old May 27th 2012, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Chuoeifat is a lebbo school. Expect kids with attitude that do no work and parents that are very hard work.

Still, I bet the sixth form girls look good so it may work out for him.