Struggling

Old May 5th 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Struggling

Chin up, you could be in Jizan
Old May 10th 2014, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

nicci82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meow and backinthsand try not to get your knickers in a twist! At no point have i said that i have spent time in saudi, but thanks to several years in the raf, i have had a couple of all expenses paid trips to the middle east. They too were dry, but we had somewhere we would call a bar, where people would gather to enjoy hot and cold refreshments..... And to say that because i now live in ireland i know nothing is just ignorant. I commented on daves post because i have been in a similar circumstance, and that advice helped me.

Hope things are getting better for you dave!!
Old May 11th 2014, 6:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicci82
Meow and backinthsand try not to get your knickers in a twist! At no point have i said that i have spent time in saudi, but thanks to several years in the raf, i have had a couple of all expenses paid trips to the middle east. They too were dry, but we had somewhere we would call a bar, where people would gather to enjoy hot and cold refreshments..... And to say that because i now live in ireland i know nothing is just ignorant. I commented on daves post because i have been in a similar circumstance, and that advice helped me.

Hope things are getting better for you dave!!

You really do make things up don't you? You appear to be projecting your own insecurities. Of course, in your fantasy world "a couple of all expenses paid trips to the middle east" (sic) makes you an expert on the whole vast region.

A bit too much of this perhaps?
Old May 11th 2014, 6:25 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

but thanks to several years in the raf, i have had a couple of all expenses paid trips to the middle east.
Oh dear! Time spent overseas in HM Forces does not equate to time actually spent overseas. I did 25 years in the RAF which included two tours of Germany and one in Cyprus. I have now done 21/2 years as a civvie in Dubai. There is zero comparison in those worlds other than foreign beer chits.
Old May 11th 2014, 6:50 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dave, dont worry, things will work out in the end
after all you are there because of the better pay scale right? so chin up, head down and work work work. I have never been to SA but from the map I can see its a beach and just a hop skip and a jump across to Egypt. Maybe you can find a flight or a cruise across and back for the weekends? I find that once you have a weekend of 'fun' to look forward to, the week tends to go easier
Old May 11th 2014, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Dave.
I am not sure where in Yanbu you are I spent a couple of months there, last year, There is a certain type of watering hole there and its on the expat compound close to Marafiq on the right hand side if you drive from the Radisson Blu hotel.
Sorry I cannot remember the name of it but its the only western secure compound in the area. so should not be a problem finding it ha ha.
The indian taxi drivers all know it ha ha
as I said a special watering hole.

Diving can be a problem there due to the sea and the oil leaks at times
So apart from that long drive down to Jeddah or the short flight to Jeddah, theres not a lot to do in Yanbu.
That new shopping mall is nice and ok, a little small but ok I suppose.

Yanbu is what you make it out to be I enjoyed it but would not like to go back for any long periods of time.
Old May 11th 2014, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

nicci82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
You really do make things up don't you? You appear to be projecting your own insecurities. Of course, in your fantasy world "a couple of all expenses paid trips to the middle east" (sic) makes you an expert on the whole vast region.

A bit too much of this perhaps?
Well i am in ireland, and that little symbol does look like a pint of the black stuff. Never said i was an expert, but clearly you think that you are... havent seen any of your pearls of wisdom though yet, REDACTED

Last edited by mikewot; May 12th 2014 at 3:17 am. Reason: Unnecessary.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Well i am in ireland, and that little symbol does look like a pint of the black stuff. Never said i was an expert, but clearly you think that you are... havent seen any of your pearls of wisdom though yet, REDACTED

You are funny, although perhaps not intentionally. That making stuff up is really very silly though. I mean, it's not as if I have helped numerous people here - both on and off the board - over the past seven plus years. You know so little.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:29 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
it's not as if I have helped numerous people here - both on and off the board - over the past seven plus years.
Old May 12th 2014, 2:39 pm

aww cmon
just when it was starting to get interesting
Old May 15th 2014, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Time to up the strength of the HRT patches...
Old May 15th 2014, 7:02 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Time to up the strength of the HRT patches...
Are you asking us to remind you to do that?
Old May 15th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Dave...where are you? I hope you have found your way around.
Old May 15th 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Alexa
Dave...where are you? I hope you have found your way around.

yeah Dave...wazzzzaaaa?!?