Causeway tonight

Old May 15th 2014, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about
Default Causeway tonight

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me if I arrive at the causeway tonight around 11ish, how long will it take to get through ?
Old May 15th 2014, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Causeway tonight

'sfunny, I'll be heading through about 10:30 myself. We're not anticipating much traffic so probably about 30 mins. Presume you mean Saudi-Bahrain. The other way round will definitely take less at that time of night.
Old May 15th 2014, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

yeah Saudi - Bahrain and to the nearest 'watering hole'
I will park up at the Passport control and take a cab over or hitch a lift with a fellow escapee
Old May 16th 2014, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

well I learned something. Causeway was packed at 11pm. Guess everyone's heading over for when the real action starts. Took about 90 mins from Khobar to the airport... and that was only with some drastic driving Saudi style to push into queues wherever we could at the border. (Actually, we were very impressed with even the customs officers how accommodating people were when you told them you were going to catch a flight.)

I got back to the border at 12:40am and it was pretty busy going back in to Saudi. I guess that's when the 'faithful' return so they can get some sleep before washing all their sin away at the mosque the next morning. Took about 40 mins to do everything which surprised me at that time of night.

Moral of the story: don't cut it fine if you're catching a late night flight.