Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Stop stealing our trees

Stop stealing our trees

Old May 8th 2008, 6:28 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stop stealing our trees

I wonder if I will get a response to my letter? When I spoke to them the claimed ignorance regarding the removal of trees. I suggested I call the police then as someone is stealing them.

---------------

Dear Emaar,

I am concerned that Emaar have not informed any of the residents of the works which began this morning of the removal of the Palm Trees from Springs Drive, or of the intention for Springs Drive to be re-named as Doha Road. This road shall connect with Al Quoz and be the highway connection with the Jebil Ali Airport Industrial Area.

My main concern is that at present under the existing maintenance system, Emaar residents are paying for the upkeep of these trees and of the roads, as it is not an dopted RTA Road.

As such please inform me today of the following:

Are these works related to the expansion of Doha Road?
How will the roads be managed during peak hours for access?
Will speed bumps remain?
Will our children still be safe?
Will the maintenance fees be reduced as we have now lost a vast majority of the items which we were paying for as follows:
Lawn care
Watering
Traffic road maintenance
Planting

Basically, as the Community is now managed under the new decree by a committee, please advise why the committee has not asked for the feed back of the community on these matters.

I have attempted to make contact with your phone centers today on this matter, but no one picks up? Is this your stance? Silence?

Please call me to discuss.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stop stealing our trees

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I wonder if I will get a response to my letter? When I spoke to them the claimed ignorance regarding the removal of trees. I suggested I call the police then as someone is stealing them.

---------------

Dear Emaar,

I am concerned that Emaar have not informed any of the residents of the works which began this morning of the removal of the Palm Trees from Springs Drive, or of the intention for Springs Drive to be re-named as Doha Road. This road shall connect with Al Quoz and be the highway connection with the Jebil Ali Airport Industrial Area.

My main concern is that at present under the existing maintenance system, Emaar residents are paying for the upkeep of these trees and of the roads, as it is not an dopted RTA Road.

As such please inform me today of the following:

Are these works related to the expansion of Doha Road?
How will the roads be managed during peak hours for access?
Will speed bumps remain?
Will our children still be safe?
Will the maintenance fees be reduced as we have now lost a vast majority of the items which we were paying for as follows:
Lawn care
Watering
Traffic road maintenance
Planting

Basically, as the Community is now managed under the new decree by a committee, please advise why the committee has not asked for the feed back of the community on these matters.

I have attempted to make contact with your phone centers today on this matter, but no one picks up? Is this your stance? Silence?

Please call me to discuss.
go on mate, give them hell...
Old May 8th 2008, 6:56 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
go on mate, give them hell...
I have a meeting with them on Monday. they have no idea what they are letting themselves in for!
Old May 8th 2008, 7:01 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I have a meeting with them on Monday. they have no idea what they are letting themselves in for!
If no joy, write a Mr.Angry letter to Seven Days...it sometimes works, especially anything affecting the safety and welfare of children. On that topic, I see that Sheikh Mo has today ordered the construction of 200 makeshift schools in Myanmar to help them over the crisis...he loves children it seems, almost as much as he loves horses
Old May 8th 2008, 7:16 am
same shit different day

Originally Posted by lionheart
If no joy, write a Mr.Angry letter to Seven Days...it sometimes works, especially anything affecting the safety and welfare of children. On that topic, I see that Sheikh Mo has today ordered the construction of 200 makeshift schools in Myanmar to help them over the crisis...he loves children it seems, almost as much as he loves horses
I thought they were declining foreign aid?