Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Springs, meadows and lakes

Springs, meadows and lakes

Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:26 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springs, meadows and lakes

Originally Posted by W10
Yep. I could walk to work in the winter.

Excellent.
Hope your office is on the same side of SZR then
Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:55 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
I agree - the Stepford Wives all seem happy enough. Just not my cup of tea.

Experience is probably soured by the fact I am one of those souls who has had nothing but problems with the villa I am in, and struggle to get the maintenance people to do anything. Thank god I'm renting.

Any room at Marooj next year?

You can have mine when I move out to the Ranches for some peace and quiet!

(the cat comes with the apartment by the way! )
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:32 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Whooa, there bonny lad, I'm now the renter of a very salubrious joint near Spinney's/Park and Shop - Golden Sands, well at least there'll be more room for the ever incresing amount of working Filipino girls!!
Originally Posted by Truth Speak

So.......... whats gonna happen when golden sands area is put up for sale in 6 mths..... any takers?? mjc??

TS
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:13 am
W10

Originally Posted by lillygirl
You can have mine when I move out to the Ranches for some peace and quiet!

(the cat comes with the apartment by the way! )
I was thinking more on the side facing away from the 150,000 ft building

The cat can be sold to the local takeaway though.

Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

As for the amount of crap they have to put up with "just to live", I'm sure almost everybody who has rented in Dubai has at least one landlord horror story. Rising rents, poor maintenance, eviction at short notice etc etc.[/QUOTE]

...having the roof of their car thrown out........
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
As for the amount of crap they have to put up with "just to live", I'm sure almost everybody who has rented in Dubai has at least one landlord horror story. Rising rents, poor maintenance, eviction at short notice etc etc.
...having the roof of their car thrown out........[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting, do elaborate....
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
...having the roof of their car thrown out........

Sounds interesting, do elaborate....[/QUOTE]

Long story short...

Had allocated carpark in basement of apartment building.
Bought jeep wrangler with soft top.
Drove it for 2 months with soft top on in and out of that place - maintenance guys saw me and my car regularly.
Eventually once summer passed I removed the soft top and stored it at end of my car park.
It stayed there for about 6 weeks when one day they came along and threw it all out thinking it was rubbish. :scared:
I got it back eventually but the steel had been slashed from the canvas and it's never been the same (it's a tad saggy now and acts like a parachute at 120 on SZR.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds interesting, do elaborate....

Long story short...

Drove it for 2 months with soft top on in and out of that place - maintenance guys saw me and my car regularly.
Eventually once summer passed I removed the soft top and stored it at end of my car park.
It stayed there for about 6 weeks when one day they came along and threw it all out thinking it was rubbish. :scared:
I got it back eventually but the steel had been slashed from the canvas and it's never been the same (it's a tad saggy now and acts like a parachute at 120 on SZR.[/QUOTE]

Ouch
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Long story short...

I got it back eventually but the steel had been slashed from the canvas and it's never been the same (it's a tad saggy now and acts like a parachute at 120 on SZR.
Ouch [/QUOTE]

then I got evicted for complaining!
(which in the end was for the best - the place was sh.ite)
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:27 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared:

120 in a Wrangler soft top. Bloody Hell, what you got under the hood?
(it's a tad saggy now and acts like a parachute at 120 on SZR.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MJC
:scared: :scared:

120 in a Wrangler soft top. Bloody Hell, what you got under the hood?
Had it going to al ain at 160kph with missus hanging out the window trying to clip the side of the soft top back in that was flapping about threatening to depart the vehicle.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:56 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's women for you eh?
flapping about threatening to depart the vehicle.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MJC
That's women for you eh?
Excellent editing!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:21 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks, I thought so...
Excellent editing!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

paxkent is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Springs, meadows and lakes

Hai
Folks

How you all find in Dubai, few weeks back i relocated to Dubai.Started one company For computers,and only Computers.INCLUDING COMPUTER SERVICES
.FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR REPAIRING<UPGRADING THIS THAT AND ALL>
Bye Friends

PAX