Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Greetings from the US of A

Greetings from the US of A

Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:54 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Greetings from the US of A

Hello all.

Just thought I'd pop in and check on u lot...

well after a fantastic upgrade on the flight out here, 3 thunder storms later and after a massive power outage due to excess lightning strikes, Face has managed to find time to say hello!

Hope all yo ukids are behaving in the 40C weather while I bask in the mid 20C weather here. heh heh

Take care and c u soon.

Be good!

F.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 4:01 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from the US of A

Hi Matey, how do you do it - connections in high places methinks! Still the flight sounded interesting, I'm in NYC from 7-11 sept too, guess you'll have left by then though!
Originally Posted by Face81

well after a fantastic upgrade on the flight out here, 3 thunder storms later and after a massive power outage due to excess lightning strikes,
Old Aug 15th 2005, 4:21 am
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all.

well after a fantastic upgrade on the flight out here, 3 thunder storms later and after a massive power outage due to excess lightning strikes, Face has managed to find time to say hello!

Hope all yo ukids are behaving in the 40C weather while I bask in the mid 20C weather here. heh heh

Take care and c u soon.

Be good!

F.
Hope you brought your warm clothing, Face...wouldn't want you catching cold.

You'd be warmer here in Vancouver....around 30 this weekend. And few people have A/C here. Gets a bit stuffy in the evenings.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:20 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh 20C, sounds like heaven!! I guess it's that lovely smile of your's that got you the upgrade

Have a lovely and safe trip Face and we'll see you in a few weeks.

Zannie x

Last edited by Zannie; Aug 15th 2005 at 5:53 am.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Nieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant future

Oohh.. you're in the US? I'm going to NYC end of September too. It will be my first time, so I'm looking forward to it.

Face, enjoy your stay (and the cool weather). Hope you'll have a great trip!

NA
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:04 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all.

Take care and c u soon.

Be good!

F.

Looking to find the local Sainsburys but have your app.... Have a great time!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:33 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MJC
Hi Matey, how do you do it - connections in high places methinks! Still the flight sounded interesting, I'm in NYC from 7-11 sept too, guess you'll have left by then though!
heh heh...... was just being my usual self and then noticed a bloke on the left getting an upgrade, which i pointed out to the rents.... I was obviously heard and then she handed us 4 blue boarding passes, and as the say, the rest is history! tee-hee!

What a great flight!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:34 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by eclectic-x
Hope you brought your warm clothing, Face...wouldn't want you catching cold.

You'd be warmer here in Vancouver....around 30 this weekend. And few people have A/C here. Gets a bit stuffy in the evenings.
warm clothing, indeed! LOL

the air conditioner at home is usually set at 18C, so this is just puuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrfect.

Van is on the cards for later this year, or early next year, if all goes well.

take care,
F.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:35 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig_aagje
Oohh.. you're in the US? I'm going to NYC end of September too. It will be my first time, so I'm looking forward to it.

Face, enjoy your stay (and the cool weather). Hope you'll have a great trip!

NA
thanks. I am enjoying it so far.

hope u have a good trip too.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:37 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Looking to find the local Sainsburys but have your app.... Have a great time!
cheers Mickey.

The app really is more crucial than the sauce, but i will let u buy a jar for me if u insist.

You magnet will be in the bag soon along with anything else i find interesting.

Enjoy your trip and i will c u soon.

F.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:39 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Zannie
Ooooh 20C, sounds like heaven!! I guess it's that lovely smile of your's that got you the upgrade

Have a lovely and safe trip Face and we'll see you in a few weeks.

Zannie x
The weather is amazing! apart from the lightning strikes during Atlantas worst ever t-storm yesterday. The houses literally rattled in the crackling thunder! cool! LOL

Power was restored last night...... alot quicker than ours was. LOL

My smile and the upgrades? possibly. heh heh

take care and I will c u soon. Let me know if u need anything.