Reload this Page >

Specific question re temp driving licence

Specific question re temp driving licence

Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:52 pm
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Specific question re temp driving licence

I need to get one of those lovely 6 month driving licences so that I can hire I car whilst i'm here in Dubai... but, I've only got my plastic photocard of my UK licence with me - does anyone know if I'll still be able to get the temp licence with just this?

I've looked on the Dubai Police site and can't find anything specific - all it says is 'The original Driving License'

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...=1633&num=1633

I don't want to get a taxi down to the Transportation office (if anyone knows of the closest one to Bur Dubai that'll be a great help) and find I've wasted my time.

Thanks in advance

Tom
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:34 am
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Specific question re temp driving licence

Incase anyone is in the same situation as me - ie. you've only got the photocard with you, then don't waste your time and dirhams in going down to the Bur Dubai Traffic Dept. (off intersection 4 of SZR - near The Mall of the Emirates). If you don't have the paper counterpart, then they will not give you a licence - no matter what.

I thought it would be a long shot, but no joy. So don't be a fool - bring the paper counterpart too.