Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Certified Copy of Degree

Certified Copy of Degree

Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really nice
Default Certified Copy of Degree

I need to send a "certified copy" of my degree to Australia.

What is the procedure for doing this if one happens to sitting in the UAE?

Back home, I used to go to a Notary Public, but is there something similar over here?

An additional complication is that the degree is from the US!

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 11:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Copy of Degree

Originally Posted by Sid2

Back home, I used to go to a Notary Public, but is there something similar over here?

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Easy, write/phone/email your uni, and send them $20, the US are arses about it, and they'll bang out a certified copy with the uni seal...sorted.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Sid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Easy, write/phone/email your uni, and send them $20, the US are arses about it, and they'll bang out a certified copy with the uni seal...sorted.
Thanks .... but is there some quicker way to do it in the UAE?

All I need is for some legally recognised person to sign that the photocopy is a "True copy of the original document".
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:40 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

You can get it attested - I had to get my UK degree certificate done when I was in Bahrain.

Meant a trip to British Embassy, then Bahrain municipality, and finally UAE embassy in Bahrain.

Call your embassy, they should know.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Is this for migration purposes? The Indian Embassy refused to certify our degrees (they wanted me to send it to New Delhi ). Anyway, I took it to the Australian Consulate and they attested them for A$ 20 each!

It really depends on what you need the attestation for.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:23 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Hi,

You might want to watch out with tampering of US Degree's outside of the USA, even by other embassies. I mean having all kinds of stamps put on the back of them to certify that they are real. (Which the Arab countries love to do) I hold a Bachelor and Master's Degree from a US/Dutch uni and was warned by the US Embassy in Holland that chances are big they can and will be declared invalid.

Frans

Last edited by Frans Wind; Mar 13th 2007 at 9:38 am.