Special Education in Riyadh

Special Education in Riyadh

Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:51 am
SSN
Just Joined

SSN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Riyadh, KSA

Hi All,
Hubby's just taken a job in Riyadh and will be going there in January. I will join him with the children soon thereafter. I have been looking at school and its a bit more complicated for me as I have a child with Autism. Anyone out there in my position, please do share your experiences. I have been speaking to the Multinational School and Al-Remaal School as they deal with special needs.
Also, I'm a bit concerned about getting out and about. Any tips / reassurances will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanka
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:34 am
SSN
Just Joined

SSN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Special Education in Riyadh

Hi All, I am moving to Riyadh next year. I have a son who is autistic and I am trying to find provisions for him in Riyadh. I have been speaking to the Multinational School and Al-Remaal School in Riyadh as they have experience with special needs children. Any one who has kids going to these schools, please do advise..... Or any other tips on where to find therapists to work with my son and Occupational therapy services etc will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Riyadh, KSA

Originally Posted by SSN
Hi All,
Hubby's just taken a job in Riyadh and will be going there in January. I will join him with the children soon thereafter. I have been looking at school and its a bit more complicated for me as I have a child with Autism. Anyone out there in my position, please do share your experiences. I have been speaking to the Multinational School and Al-Remaal School as they deal with special needs.
Also, I'm a bit concerned about getting out and about. Any tips / reassurances will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanka
Hi SSN and welcome to BE

I've moved your post over to our Middle East section, as they will be able to offer the best advice

Good luck with your move
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Special Education in Riyadh

I do not think there is much of an option for a special needs kid in Saudi. I had a friend form South Africa who had her son in the Australian school, as it was the only school that would accept him. They moved back to SA because she could not get the help he needed.
But that is 10 years ago...so maybe things have changed.

Make sure you research this VERY well.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough

Hi SSN

Multi national is probably your best bet. I know if you pay more they'll even cater for 1 to 1 for your child. It's the Australian curriculum which may make it a tad tricky when you return to the UK.
Is your other child school age? You'll have to consider for them too.
HIp
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:39 pm
whz
Just Joined

whz is an unknown quantity at this point

hello ssn
we live in uk as well and are in the process of moving to saudi. just wanted to ask if you found any nice schools for your son as we are in a similar situation. any kind of info/advice is welcome

thanks
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whz
hello ssn
They only posted 3 times on Nov 20th last year, never been seen since. Chances of getting a reply are slim at best.
Old May 24th 2014, 6:24 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Multinational school is only Australian at primary. They offer IGCSE at secondary. Some friends' kids go there and they like it. About 40,000 a year I think.