British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Special Education in Riyadh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/special-education-riyadh-815690/)

SSN Nov 19th 2013 9:51 pm

Moving to Riyadh, KSA

Hi All,
Hubby's just taken a job in Riyadh and will be going there in January. I will join him with the children soon thereafter. I have been looking at school and its a bit more complicated for me as I have a child with Autism. Anyone out there in my position, please do share your experiences. I have been speaking to the Multinational School and Al-Remaal School as they deal with special needs.
Also, I'm a bit concerned about getting out and about. Any tips / reassurances :) will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanka

SSN Nov 19th 2013 10:34 pm

Special Education in Riyadh

Hi All, I am moving to Riyadh next year. I have a son who is autistic and I am trying to find provisions for him in Riyadh. I have been speaking to the Multinational School and Al-Remaal School in Riyadh as they have experience with special needs children. Any one who has kids going to these schools, please do advise..... Or any other tips on where to find therapists to work with my son and Occupational therapy services etc will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.:)

old.sparkles Nov 19th 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Moving to Riyadh, KSA

Originally Posted by SSN (Post 10999479)
Hi All,
Hubby's just taken a job in Riyadh and will be going there in January. I will join him with the children soon thereafter. I have been looking at school and its a bit more complicated for me as I have a child with Autism. Anyone out there in my position, please do share your experiences. I have been speaking to the Multinational School and Al-Remaal School as they deal with special needs.
Also, I'm a bit concerned about getting out and about. Any tips / reassurances :) will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanka

Hi SSN and welcome to BE :welcome:

I've moved your post over to our Middle East section, as they will be able to offer the best advice :)

Good luck with your move

Alexa Nov 20th 2013 12:28 am

Re: Special Education in Riyadh

I do not think there is much of an option for a special needs kid in Saudi. I had a friend form South Africa who had her son in the Australian school, as it was the only school that would accept him. They moved back to SA because she could not get the help he needed.
But that is 10 years ago...so maybe things have changed.

Make sure you research this VERY well.

Hippacrocapig Nov 20th 2013 10:29 pm

Hi SSN

Multi national is probably your best bet. I know if you pay more they'll even cater for 1 to 1 for your child. It's the Australian curriculum which may make it a tad tricky when you return to the UK.
Is your other child school age? You'll have to consider for them too.
HIp

whz May 23rd 2014 4:39 am

hello ssn
we live in uk as well and are in the process of moving to saudi. just wanted to ask if you found any nice schools for your son as we are in a similar situation. any kind of info/advice is welcome

thanks

mikewot May 23rd 2014 4:48 am

Originally Posted by whz (Post 11273337)
hello ssn

They only posted 3 times on Nov 20th last year, never been seen since. Chances of getting a reply are slim at best.

nonthaburi May 24th 2014 6:24 am

Multinational school is only Australian at primary. They offer IGCSE at secondary. Some friends' kids go there and they like it. About 40,000 a year I think.