Should I do it!

Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

what_to_do is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I do it!

Hi there,

I was looking to see if anyone could advise me on whether to move to Dubai or not. I'm in my early 20's and single and would be heading over on my own but looking through many websites and forums I am wondering whether it's worth it with the cost of rent etc!

Any advise any of you could give would be fab.

Thanks
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I do it!

Originally Posted by what_to_do
Hi there,

I was looking to see if anyone could advise me on whether to move to Dubai or not. I'm in my early 20's and single and would be heading over on my own but looking through many websites and forums I am wondering whether it's worth it with the cost of rent etc!

Thanks
Well, have you got a job offer?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
unless you've got a job, i wouldn't risk it at the moment...there are cutbacks across the board here...

MM, xx
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
unless you've got a job, i wouldn't risk it at the moment...there are cutbacks across the board here...

MM, xx
LOL - so is the official BE advice now "Don't come here - the party's over???"

Looks like I bailed at the right time....
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
LOL - so is the official BE advice now "Don't come here - the party's over???"

Looks like I bailed at the right time....
no, sure there are still jobs to be had...but i know that there have been lots of cutbacks...saying that, it's happening everywhere by the sounds of it...

MM, xx
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
no, sure there are still jobs to be had...but i know that there have been lots of cutbacks...saying that, it's happening everywhere by the sounds of it...

MM, xx
Hmm. I hear UB40 are planning to re-release 1-in-10 over here!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

no i don't have a job yet but i'm about to apply for a few but don't want to waste anyone's time if people wouldn't recommend moving out there right now. So i wanted to get feedback from people who have done it. As a young women i also wanted to know how safe it is and how easy it is to meet new people and settle it. All these websites can tell me how easy it is and how safe it is, but i want to hear the truth from people who are there!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no i don't have a job yet but i'm about to apply for a few but don't want to waste anyone's time if people wouldn't recommend moving out there right now. So i wanted to get feedback from people who have done it. As a young women i also wanted to know how safe it is and how easy it is to meet new people and settle it. All these websites can tell me how easy it is and how safe it is, but i want to hear the truth from people who are there!
oh it's safe here...well safer than the uk for sure...and you'd have no probs as a single woman...

good luck with the job hunt...

MM, xx
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Ah thanks, you've helped make up my mind to apply for the jobs i've seen! Which I have to say have been quite a few!
My other question is accommodation. Will i be left with any money after forking out on rent, or is it not as bad as it seems to be being made out?

xx
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just stay well away from Confucious and you'll be safe....

Ah thanks, you've helped make up my mind to apply for the jobs i've seen! Which I have to say have been quite a few!
My other question is accommodation. Will i be left with any money after forking out on rent, or is it not as bad as it seems to be being made out?

xx
If you're prepared to house-share (assuming that you're not on a full expat package, which given your age may be unlikely) it is doable - it all depends on what kind of job and income. What line of work are you looking at?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:35 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
No, No No, Yes

Sorry, what was the question?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:44 am
Just Joined

I'm in the events industry. Do many companies offer accommodation packages now?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:05 pm