Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shipping from UK to Dubai

Shipping from UK to Dubai

Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping from UK to Dubai

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Jesus, £250!!! How much were you over by?
Most airlines charge around £18 per kg UK-UAE for excess, so it wouldnt have to be much...
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by admon
Most airlines charge around £18 per kg UK-UAE for excess, so it wouldnt have to be much...
I was over 25kg over, it is mean to be 23 pounds per kg but I managed to get let off a little bit by the young lady at the desk
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sg800
I was over 25kg over, it is mean to be 23 pounds per kg but I managed to get let off a little bit by the young lady at the desk
It can be a little annoying, how inconsistent the airline check in people are with weight...

I have been through DXB on way to UK with 50kg and not a blink, then the other week took about 34kg and the woman was mmmm'ing for about 5 minutes, even though I am a Skywards Gold cardholder with a 36kg allowance for that journey.

Birmingham to DXB is even worse - they umm at you if you have a bag at all...

Makes you sometimes...
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Rachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone, my stuff to be shipped has been picked up today.......... now then, where did i put my passport?!