Shipping!

Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Shipping!

Hi Guys and girls, advice time. I have till the 24th August to get my stuff sorted and i wanted to get some info regarding shipping companies. Have already spoken to a few and the quote seems pretty reasonable £300 -400 GBP.

But then from Dubai port to Dubai Marina they are charging me an extra £400 GBP!!

They said it might be cheaper if we get someone from Dubai to pay for the customs and delivery to my residence locally, anyone have any contacts? If so it woud be appreciated.

Am getting excited now!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Sofa No.2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping!

Originally Posted by deemi786
Hi Guys and girls, advice time. I have till the 24th August to get my stuff sorted and i wanted to get some info regarding shipping companies. Have already spoken to a few and the quote seems pretty reasonable £300 -400 GBP.

But then from Dubai port to Dubai Marina they are charging me an extra £400 GBP!!

They said it might be cheaper if we get someone from Dubai to pay for the customs and delivery to my residence locally, anyone have any contacts? If so it woud be appreciated.

Am getting excited now!
We were told £3K for a standard container - Scotland to Dubai. I take it you are just shipping a shoe box, deemi ???
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

not sure about a shoebox but we are taking roughly 20 boxes. Dont see the point in taking any more as stuff is so cheap there!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:31 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sofa No.2
We were told £3K for a standard container - Scotland to Dubai. I take it you are just shipping a shoe box, deemi ???
The other way around? A 20 foot container Dubai port to Rotterdam (Holland) port I paid +/- 1020 British Pounds on sea freight. The container was booked by a local UAE company, not me. Your 3K in UK Pounds sounds a bit stiff to me. Was that 3K for a 40 foot container? Even then I would re-check prices. I don't know if it's possible to have someone book a container in the UAE with loading address in the UK, final destination address in the UAE. But it seems a lot cheaper to me.

Dutchie

Last edited by Dutchie; Aug 8th 2008 at 1:45 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Try contacting these

I got a quote of around £900 for 4 cubic metres which was reasonable

Stuart Hall
Senior International Re-Location Manager
Telephone 0121 308 6066
www.removalgroup.com
Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks guys and girls