Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car Registration Renewal

Car Registration Renewal

Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Car Registration Renewal

Our registration is due to expire in Aug, and as its the 1st time we've had to go through this I was looking for some info on it all...

I found some information on the internet abuout this, and just wanted to see how straight forward it all actually is, and any potential stumbling blocks…

I work near Defence Road round-a-bout, so the Al Wasl Belhasa testing centre seems to be the most convenient - I can't see anything on this anywhere; is it at/beside the belhasa learner centre on Al Wasel road? Any pointers? or alternatives?

You need your insurance certificate with you - insurance would be due at the same time as registration - how long does your insurance need to be valid for when renewing registration? Or do I need to renew insurance before registration?

And finally, it seems quite straight forward, but approx how long does it take to get it all sorted out? Am I going to be sat somewhere for hours to get this completed?

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Registration Renewal

dead easy.
Call insurance co. get new insurance. 13months worth
Call AAA (arabian automobile association" pay 50 dhs for their chap to collect your car and register it for you.
Job done

or go down there your self and either pay a chap there to do it in the "priority que" or do it yourself. Pretty starightforward stuff but i would advise getting a man to do it for you, will take a lot less time

take, passport copy inc visa page, driving licence and car registartion card. oh and cash as you may have to pay fines you didnt evn know you had!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies View Post
Our registration is due to expire in Aug, and as its the 1st time we've had to go through this I was looking for some info on it all...

I found some information on the internet abuout this, and just wanted to see how straight forward it all actually is, and any potential stumbling blocks…

I work near Defence Road round-a-bout, so the Al Wasl Belhasa testing centre seems to be the most convenient - I can't see anything on this anywhere; is it at/beside the belhasa learner centre on Al Wasel road? Any pointers? or alternatives?

You need your insurance certificate with you - insurance would be due at the same time as registration - how long does your insurance need to be valid for when renewing registration? Or do I need to renew insurance before registration?

And finally, it seems quite straight forward, but approx how long does it take to get it all sorted out? Am I going to be sat somewhere for hours to get this completed?

Thanks
It's behind the Al Wasl Football club stadium...sort of near Al Jadaf Shipyard and Al Wasl Hospital...so not really anything to do with Al Wasl Road....
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
It's behind the Al Wasl Football club stadium...sort of near Al Jadaf Shipyard and Al Wasl Hospital...so not really anything to do with Al Wasl Road....
No, better to go to the one next to Mall of Emirates. No need to pay anyone to help you as its dead easy. As they will test your tyres and lights, best to have a look at them before you go so you don't get failed over a triviality. Mind you, they have an on-site workshop so it would just mean an extra 30 mins getting it passed if it fails first time. Everything is signposted for you inside the registration centre. The whole process should take 45 minutes if you arrive early (8am).
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
Thanks MH - I could have been sat there for quite a while waiting for registration where I thought it was!!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I checked our insurance documents - insurance valid to end of Sept, but car registration end of Aug.

Can I register the car with the insurance that remains (1 month), or do you need +12 months from the registration date? If this is the case, I lose a months insurance?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:15 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why the insurance is 13 months to give you a month extra to do your registration - just wait till end of september to do it all.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:18 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
Thats why the insurance is 13 months to give you a month extra to do your registration - just wait till end of september to do it all.
if you wait until both expire dont forget to buy new insurance as you wont be able to re register the car without it
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Surprise, surprise, there are currently road works disrupting access to the Al Wasl test centre from certain locations, in particular the left turn off the E66 Al Ain road (southbound) just after Al Wasl Hospital.

Diversions are marked by yellow signs. Get on the Al Garhoud Bridge Road, but slip off right before the bridge near Wafi Mall, where the petrol station/Subway sandwich shop is, then immediately right after these and follow the yellow signs.