Reload this Page >

security cheque bounced...

security cheque bounced...

Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:00 am
Just Joined

damion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default security cheque bounced...

bad situation indeed.

i decided to stay in the uae to find work after i was terminated (im still looking)

my residency visa has been canceled and now am on toursit visa (Australian passport)

im basically living on the street and from my car. recently a security cheque has bounced from my account for an unpaid credit card.

my toourist visa is about to expire.

my question is can i still go and extend at hatta border?

or is it best to fly from sharjah or abu dhabi to kuwiat or doha and back.

is there any other border i can cross where i can be safe?

im not doing a runner, im staying in the country to repay my debts.

so whats the safest option? can i leave from sharjah or abu dhabi and return

im shitting my pants
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:06 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: security cheque bounced...

Originally Posted by damion
bad situation indeed.

i decided to stay in the uae to find work after i was terminated (im still looking)

my residency visa has been canceled and now am on toursit visa (Australian passport)

im basically living on the street and from my car. recently a security cheque has bounced from my account for an unpaid credit card.

im shitting my pants

So sorry to hear of your predicament and my answer will not help but from what I understand regarding bounced cheques, I would get the hell out of it straight away and look for a job from home.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:08 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by damion
bad situation indeed.

im shitting my pants
can i ask why you're planning on staying around? paying your debts and all, ok, but how are you going to do that if you're not working?

sorry mate, but maybe the best bet is to get somewhere outside of the UAE where you've got your friends and family's support and you can sort your debts out from a better position. they don't tend to **** around...
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
can i ask why you're planning on staying around? paying your debts and all, ok, but how are you going to do that if you're not working?

sorry mate, but maybe the best bet is to get somewhere outside of the UAE where you've got your friends and family's support and you can sort your debts out from a better position. they don't tend to **** around...
you have internet in your car? go home mate, it aint worth it.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:07 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Sell your car, clear the bounced cheque and gtf outta here man while you still can!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:10 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Sell your car, clear the bounced cheque and gtf outta here man while you still can!
and if you cannot sell your car or if you do and its not enough to pay off the credit card then keep the money and gtf out of the UAE
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

It may well be too late for you to leave as the bank may well have placed a travel ban on you and filed a police case.

I would attempt to get over the border to Oman, drive to Muscat and get on a plane
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banter64
It may well be too late for you to leave as the bank may well have placed a travel ban on you and filed a police case.

I would attempt to get over the border to Oman, drive to Muscat and get on a plane
Alternatively, rent a small boat from the creek and try and reach Iran. Seriously, you really need to speak with your bank and feed them some story that will convince them to treat you leniently.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
good and well unless he owes money on his car
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

get the flock out of there while you still can and before you end up banged up.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Alternatively, rent a small boat from the creek and try and reach Iran. Seriously, you really need to speak with your bank and feed them some story that will convince them to treat you leniently.

LOL the border into Oman is not that security concious hence the reason that I mentioned it would be best to go via that way
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

It has been said by other members, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE NOW or else if you stay around you are gonna end up in deep shxt.
Do' nt just think i am ok, cos hey bro you are not.

There is a lot of shxt betwwen the UAE & Aussie land at ther mo, with this Emirates Aircraft mess, it has been said !!!!

Please get the hell out of there ASAP.
You dont want to be in the middle of a tit for tat govenment thing at this moment
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:47 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

go to abu dhabi,
get on a plane
get the **** out of dodge
TODAY

call your bank from where you land, paying off the debt is admirable but close to impossible to do whilst banged up in prison.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're worried about crossing the border into Oman, then drive to Hatta. Before you enter Hatta town, there's a side road that takes you to an unfinished border crossing. The guard will just wave you through. Follow that road to the Oman side of Al Ain, and proceed to Muscat and go home.

Sometimes optimism is a great thing, but right now it isn't. You're in serious shit, and you need to leave the country sooner rather than later.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

damion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If you're worried about crossing the border into Oman, then drive to Hatta. Before you enter Hatta town, there's a side road that takes you to an unfinished border crossing. The guard will just wave you through. Follow that road to the Oman side of Al Ain, and proceed to Muscat and go home.

Sometimes optimism is a great thing, but right now it isn't. You're in serious shit, and you need to leave the country sooner rather than later.
im shitting myself.

i dont have family and my friends are all junkies (herion), i dont have anywhere to go if i go back.

could someone please confirm something that i read in another post.

i was on a dubai residency (the person who had posted was on the same)

he basically said that he had been travelling back and forth from abu dhabi/sharjah airport in order to extend his visa, but never from dubai as he had a travel ban.

im scared.

is what he said true, could someone please confirm? am i safe to extend from these other emirates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.